NEW FOR 2013:
– New “Style Guide” colour scheme for instrument cluster and COMAND.
– New cruise control layout, position swap of multifunction turn signal lever and cruise control stalk.
– ECO driving monitor in instrument cluster.
– Digital operator’s manual in COMAND.
– CLS550 4MATIC gets new DIRECT SELECT lever and additional standard equipment, including Passive Blind Spot Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, 6-disc changer, and compass in rearview mirror.
– CLS63 AMG gets new electronic chrome key design with AMG emblem and additional standard equipment, including Climate Comfort front seats, Drive-Dynamic Multicontour driver’s seat, 6-disc changer, and compass in rearview mirror.
For 2013, the Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class gets some significant upgrades to interior appointments, including more standard equipment in both models, along with an ECO driving monitor in the instrument cluster.
The CLS-Class is made up of the CLS550 4MATIC, with 4.6-litre bi-turbo V8, and the CLS63 AMG, with 5.5-litre bi-turbo V8. Both use a seven-speed automatic, though an AMG Speedshift model is used in the CLS63. The CLS550 uses 4MATIC all-wheel drive, while the CLS63 AMG is rear-wheel drive.
Features on the CLS550 4MATIC include 18-inch AMG alloy wheels, three-zone automatic climate control, air suspension with adaptive damping, COMAND APS with navigation system, voice control and DVD changer, iPod and USB connectors, Sirius satellite radio, Bluetooth connectivity, AMG front and rear aprons, bi-xenon headlamps, LED taillights and daytime running lights, auto-dimming rearview and driver’s side mirrors, power-folding mirrors with integrated turn signals, heated windshield washers, ten-way power-adjustable heated leather seats with three-position memory, split-folding rear seat, power-adjustable leather-wrapped sport steering wheel with shift paddles, power sunroof, ambient lighting with three colour settings, Parktronic active parking assist, garage door opener, cruise control, keyless entry, passive blind spot assist, lane keeping assist, six-disc CD changer, rear-view mirror compass, driver’s knee airbag, first-aid kit, TeleAid emergency calling system, and tire pressure loss warning system.
The CLS63 AMG adds 19-inch AMG alloy wheels, AMG Ride Control suspension, Harman/Kardon Logic7 surround sound system, active LED headlights, adaptive high beam assist, rear window sunshade, Drive-Dynamic Multicontour driver’s seat, Climate Comfort front passenger seats, passive lane keeping assist, and passive blind spot assist.
Depending on the model, available options include performance suspension, carbon ceramic brakes, carbon fibre trim, power trunk, heated rear seats, climate-controlled front seats, Keyless Go, and active lane keeping and blind spot assist.