NEW FOR 2012:
– New E63 AMG wagon
– E350 4MATIC receives direct-injection 3.5-litre V6
– E550 receives 4.6-litre bi-turbo V8
– E63 AMG receives 5.5-litre bi-turbo V8
– Seven-speed automatic revised for better fuel economy
– Colour display in instrument cluster
– Standard electronic power steering and LED license plate lighting
– Media interface connections moved to centre console
– E350 sedan and wagon add optional Launch Edition Package of Artico leather dashboard, leather upholstery, navigation and panoramic sunroof; climate comfort front seats available
– Sedan Premium Package adds rearview camera
– E550 adds standard Artico leather dashboard and panoramic sunroof; available Premium Package adds rearview camera and climate comfort front seats
– Sedans add available Easy-Pack trunk box stand-alone option
– E63 adds standard Driving Assistance Package of passive blind spot assist and passive lane keeping assist; standard Passion Nappa leather upholstery; standard 19-inch AMG twin seven-spoke wheel design
– Available Premium Package on E63 adds rearview camera and illuminated door sill panels; AMG Performance Package adds forged 19-inch AMG twin five-spoke wheels
– E63 adds available AMG Carbon Fibre Trim Package and Advanced Driving Assist Package of active blind spot assist and active lane keeping assist (former available systems were passive)
– Exterior colour: Cavansite Blue Metallic added; Tanzanite Blue discontinued
– Interior colour: Dark Ash wood trim replaces Burl Walnut wood as standard trim
For 2012, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class receives several changes, including the addition of an E63 AMG wagon alongside the sedan. The E350 4MATIC uses a direct-injection 3.5-litre V6, also used in the 2012 SLK, in place of its previous 3.5-litre V6. The E550 4MATIC uses a 4.6-litre bi-turbo V8 in place of its 5.5-litre V8, while the E63 AMG trades its 6.2-litre V8 for a 5.5-litre bi-turbo V8. All models receive a revised transmission, electric power steering and LED license plate, while the instrument cluster screen is now colour and the media interface connections are more convenient. There are also new options and option packages.
The E-Class comes as a sedan, wagon, coupe and cabriolet. Sedan models are the E350 BlueTEC (diesel), E350 4MATIC, E550 4MATIC and E63 AMG. The wagon comes as the E350 4MATIC and E63 AMG. Both the coupe and cabriolet come as the E350 and E550.
The E-Class comes with a choice of four engines, all with a seven-speed automatic transmission. The E350 BlueTEC uses a 3.0-litre turbodiesel V6. The E350 uses a 3.5-litre V6, while the E550 uses a 4.6-litre bi-turbo V8. The E63 models use a 5.5-litre bi-turbo V8.
Features on the E350 4MATIC sedan include 18-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, hill start assist, six-CD/DVD/MP3 stereo, Bluetooth connectivity, Sirius satellite radio, AMG skirt package, active bi-xenon headlamps with washers and cornering lights, LED fog lamps, rain-sensing wipers, Intelligent Highbeam Control, heated mirrors, 14-way power-adjustable heated front seats with three-position memory and Artico leather upholstery, split-folding rear seats, power tilt and telescoping multifunction heated steering wheel, Burl Walnut wood trim, power sunroof, velour floor mats, auto up/down windows, auto-dimming exterior and rearview mirrors, ambient lighting package, garage door opener, Parktronic parking guidance, anti-theft alarm, and tire pressure monitoring system.
The E350 BlueTEC sedan is similarly equipped.
The E350 4MATIC wagon is similarly equipped, but adds rear-facing child seats and a rearview camera, and does not have the Parktronic parking guidance system.
The E550 4MATIC sedan builds on the E350 45MATIC sedan and adds three-zone automatic climate control, navigation system, 4GB hard-drive music system, voice control, media interface, three-spoke AMG sport steering wheel, leather upholstery, Artico leather dash, panoramic sunroof and TeleAid emergency calling system.
The E63 AMG adds 19-inch alloy wheels, AMG sport suspension, Harman/Kardon Logic7 surround sound system, passive blind spot assist, passive lane keeping assist, Nappa leather upholstery, Alcantara headliner, and rear window sunshade.
The E63 AMG wagon is similarly equipped, but includes a power tailgate and rearview camera in place of the Parktronic parking guidance system.
Features on the E350 coupe include 17-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, dynamic handling package, hill start assist, agility control suspension with adaptive damping, six-CD/DVD/MP3 stereo, compass, Bluetooth connectivity, Sirius satellite radio, active bi-xenon headlamps with washers and cornering lights, LED taillamps, rain-sensing wipers, heated mirrors, ten-way power-adjustable heated leather seats with three-position memory, split-folding rear seats, power tilt and telescopic multifunction steering wheel, Burl Walnut wood trim, panoramic sunroof, velour floor mats, auto up/down mirrors, auto-dimming rearview and side mirrors, interior lighting package, garage door opener, Adaptive Highbeam Assist, anti-theft alarm, and tire pressure monitoring system.
The E550 coupe adds 18-inch alloy wheels, three-zone automatic climate control, navigation system, 4GB hard-drive music system, voice control, media interface, Harman/Kardon Logic7 surround sound system, AMG skirt package, multi-contour front seats with three-position memory, Nappa leather upholstery, and TeleAid emergency calling system.
The E350 and E550 cabriolet models are equipped similarly to the respective coupe models, but add an Aircap power windshield spoiler and rear wind blocker. All use a soft top.