NEW FOR 2011:
– Standard heat-insulating glass with windshield band, 12-volt power outlet in driver’s seat base, electrics for trailer socket, assist handles, hinged lid for centre console storage compartment, two-stage opening for sliding door, and locking glove compartment
– Available Super High Roof
– Towing capacity increases to 3,401 kg (7,500 lbs) on 3500
– 3500 adds optional 3.23:1 axle ratio for improved fuel economy
– Available “leatherette” upholstery and full-height washable interior trim
Having moved from the Dodge brand to the Mercedes-Benz brand for 2010, the Sprinter undergoes a few trim changes for 2011, along with the addition of a Super High Roof van for extra cargo capacity. New standard features include heat-insulating glass, trailer wiring preparation, assist handles, sliding doors that open in two stages, and covered and locking interior storage areas.
The Sprinter is available as a cargo van, passenger van and chassis cab. The passenger van comes as a 2500, while the cargo van comes as a 2500 or 3500. The chassis cab is a 3500 only. The passenger van is available in standard or long length, with standard or high roof. The cargo van is available in standard, long or extra-long length, in standard or high roof. The passenger van seats up to 12 people.
All Sprinter models use a 3.0-litre V6 turbodiesel BlueTec engine with five-speed automatic transmission.
Features on the passenger van include 16-inch steel wheels, air conditioning, adjustable co-driver’s seat, driver and co-driver armrests, electrically-powered hot-air auxiliary heater, tire pressure monitoring system, tilt and telescopic steering wheel, CD stereo, hill start assist, and heat-insulating glass.
Numerous options and packages are available for the passenger van, including comfort front seats, chrome grille, interior convenience lighting, electrically heated windshield, alloy wheels, Parktronic parking sensor, Bluetooth connectivity, bi-xenon headlamps, and swivel front seats.