NEW FOR 2011:
– New exterior mirror design
– Blind Spot Monitoring added to all Premium Packages
– GL350 BlueTec and GL450 add standard active bi-xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights; 20-inch twin-five-spoke wheels with run-flat tires; optional 19-inch five-spoke wheels with all-season tires; new Sport Package with fender flares, 21-inch AMG wheels and adaptive damping system
– GL350 BlueTec premium package adds media interface, Keyless Go and Blind Spot Monitoring
– GL550 receives minor facelift, adds optional illuminated door sill panels
– Exterior colours: Diamond White added; Sanidine Beige discontinued
For 2011, changes to the Mercedes-Benz GL-Class are in its trim. The GL350 BlueTec and GL450 add bi-xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights, and 20-inch wheels with run-flat tires. A package of 19-inch wheels with all-season tires can be substituted as an option. On all models, a Blind Spot Monitoring system is added to the available Premium Package.
The GL-Class consists of the GL350 BlueTEC, with 3.0-litre V6 diesel; the GL450, with 4.6-litre V8; and the GL550, with 5.5-litre V8. All use a seven-speed automatic transmission and 4Matic all-wheel drive.
Features on the GL350 BlueTEC include 20-inch alloy wheels, Thermatic dual-zone automatic climate control, downhill speed regulation, Airmatic air suspension, COMAND with six-DVD/MP3 changer and SD memory slot, Sirius satellite radio, Bluetooth hands-free connectivity, power-folding heated mirrors with integrated turn signals, active bi-xenon headlamps with washers, LED daytime running lights, two-stage rain-sensing wipers with heated washers, roof rails, privacy glass, trailer hitch, ten-way Artico leather heated seats with memory, heated leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel with power tilt and telescopic column, high-gloss Burl Walnut wood trim, power sunroof, auto-dimming rear-view and driver’s side mirrors, express up and down windows, power pop-out third-row windows, power-folding third-row seats, garage door opener, Parktronic parking system, Smart Key keyless entry, tire pressure loss warning system, and anti-theft alarm system.
The GL450 adds COMAND APS with hard-drive-based navigation system, Harman/Kardon Logic7 Surround Sound System, media interface, leather upholstery, interior lighting package, and TeleAid emergency calling system.
The GL550 adds 21-inch AMG alloy wheels, adaptive damping system, blue-tinted glass, and aluminum running boards.