NEW FOR 2011:
– Revised front and rear styling, new wheel designs, overview camera for rear passengers
– 57 and 57S add reclining rear passenger-side seat
– Perfume atomizer available on all models
– Available hand-braided seat piping or piping with Swarovski crystal elements
– Exterior colour: Bahamas Blue added
– Interior colours: Saona Beige, Whitehaven Beach and Kuril Islands added
– Trim colours: Dark brown bird’s-eye maple, porcelain piano lacquer and carbon fibre added
For 2011, the Maybach receives several new styling features, including a raised hood with distinct V-design, larger grille, horizontally-divided bumper, integrated LED daytime running lights in the bumper, dark red taillights and chrome trunk handle. The automatic perfume atomizer, which sprays scent through the climate control system and was introduced on the Zeppelin, is now available on all models.
The premier nameplate in the Mercedes-Benz stable, the Maybach 57 and 62 models are named for their lengths of 5.7 and 6.2 metres, respectively. The 57 and 62 models use a 5.5-litre V12 engine with twin turbochargers. The 57S and 62S models use a turbocharged 6.0 V12 engine with stiffer performance suspension. All use a five-speed automatic transmission.
The Landaulet model is based on the sedan, but includes a cloth roof that can be retracted over the passenger compartment, leaving the chauffeur area closed in.
Each Maybach is built to customer specifications, with appointments including a leather-covered dashboard, rear seat refrigerator, remote-activated memory seats, television receiver, heated and ventilated seats with massage function, folding rear-seat tables, rear window curtains, two telephones, and individual front and rear automatic climate control systems.
The Landaulet includes a seven-layer black cloth roof.