NEW FOR 2011:
– New Forte5-Door four-door hatchback model
– All transmissions now six-speed
– Electronic stability control and traction control standard on all models
– SX adds auto-dimming rear-view mirror; steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters added to models with automatic transmission
– SX Luxury adds smart key with pushbutton ignition (with automatic transmission), automatic headlamps and voice-activated navigation system
– Sedan adds redesigned fascia, integrated fog lamps, heated mirrors with integrated LED turn signals and new 16-inch alloy wheels
– Koup adds available LED rear combination taillights
– Sedan and Koup add upgraded centre console, chrome-lined cupholders and outside temperature display
An all-new model for 2010, the Kia Forte line-up adds a third model for 2011, the Forte5-Door four-door hatchback. All models now have six-speed standard or automatic transmissions, and electronic stability and traction control come on all trim lines. The sedan and Koup have interior enhancements, while the sedan adopts a new fascia similar to that of the Forte-5 Door, along with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters on models with automatic transmissions. The SX and SX Luxury models have extra features.
The Forte comes as the four-door sedan, four-door hatchback Forte5-Door, and the two-door Koup. All are available with a choice of 2.0-litre cylinder or 2.4-litre four-cylinder, with six-speed manual or optional six-speed automatic transmissions.
The sedan and Forte5-Door are available as the LX and EX, with 2.0-litre, and as the SX with 2.4-litre. The Koup comes as the EX with 2.0-litre or SX with 2.4-litre.
Features on the LX sedan and Forte5-Door include 15-inch steel wheels, heated mirrors, body-colour door handles and rear garnish, front and rear mud guards, power locks, CD/MP3 stereo with steering wheel-mounted audio controls, four speakers, auxiliary and USB input, Bluetooth connectivity, power windows with driver’s express-down, dual front console power outlets, centre console with storage compartment, variable intermittent wipers, map light with sunglasses holder, Eco-Minder indicator, driver’s height adjuster, tilt wheel, 60/40 split-folding rear seat, rear centre armrest with cupholders, and active front head restraints. Air conditioning and keyless entry can be added as options.
The EX models add 16-inch alloy wheels, air conditioning, mirrors with integrated turn signals, chrome door handles and rear garnish, keyless entry, six speakers, cruise control, front wiper de-icer, illuminated ignition, heated seats, tilt and telescopic wheel, electronic stability control, and traction control. A power sunroof can be added as an option.
The SX models add 17-inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, sport-tuned suspension, fog lamps, power sunroof, Supervision instrument cluster, Sirius satellite radio, trip computer, heated leather seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel, metallic colour interior inserts, and alloy sport pedals.
The SX Luxury models add navigation system, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, and on automatic-equipped models, a smart key with pushbutton ignition. The SX Luxury Koup also adds LED combination taillights.