NEW FOR 2013:
– Improved seat comfort with all new seat materials on all models.
– Auto-dimming rearview mirror with LED map lights added.
– Premium tire pressure monitoring system added to Connectivity Group.
– Improved instrument panel, audio speaker output and clarity, centre console LED courtesy lights added to Sahara.
– New 18-inch polished aluminum wheels with Satin Carbon centre added to Sahara.
– New 17-inch polished aluminum wheels with Mineral Grey pockets added to Rubicon.
– New Premium Sunrider soft top with dust blocker.
– Improved Sunrider soft top functionality on Wrangler Unlimited (rear spring lift-assist).
– Two washer nozzles for inclement weather clarity.
A year after receiving a new, efficient Pentastar V6 engine, Jeep’s premiere offroader adds some refinement for 2013 with a slew of small improvements.
The Wrangler is available as the two-door Wrangler, or as the four-door Wrangler Unlimited. All models use a 3.6-litre V6 engine with six-speed manual transmission or optional five-speed automatic, and all have part-time four-wheel drive. The base Sport B trim line is on the Wrangler only. Trim lines on the Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited are the Sport S, Sahara and Rubicon.
Features on the Sport B include 16-inch steel wheels, premium cloth seats, easy-clean interior with removable carpet and drain plugs, Media Centre 130 with six speakers and auxiliary jack, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, cruise control, hill start assist, removable doors, fold-down windshield, overhead sound bar, Dana 44 rear axle, Dana 30 front axle, soft top, fog lamps, front and rear tow hooks, fold-and-tumble removable rear seat, accent-colour fender flares, fuel tank skid plate, full-size spare tire, and rear compartment covered storage.
The Sport S adds 17-inch alloy wheels, deep-tint sunscreen glass, and Sirius satellite radio. The Wrangler can be optioned with no-charge air conditioning. The Wrangler Unlimited includes a split-folding rear seat.
The Sahara adds 18-inch alloy wheels, auto-dimming rearview mirror with LED map lights, premium Alpine audio, air conditioning, black Freedom Top modular hardtop, automatic headlamps, power locks, power windows, tubular side steps, six Infinity speakers with amplifier, heated mirrors, heavy-duty suspension with gas-charged shocks, body-colour fender flares, bright bumper overlays, bright interior accents and 115-volt power outlet.
The Rubicon adds 17-inch wheels with 32-inch-tall tires, performance suspension with gas-charged shocks, rock rails, Tru-lok front and rear axles, 4.10 rear axle, 4:1 Rock-Trac heavy-duty transfer case, electronic disconnecting sway bar, and Dana 44 front axle.