NEW FOR 2010:
– 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine now available with five-speed manual transmission
– Standard active front head restraints, illuminated cupholders, passenger assist handles, map lights, and removable and rechargeable flashlight
– Hill start assist standard on manual transmission models
– North Edition adds standard power heated foldaway mirrors, body-color door handles, and body-colour liftgate appliqué
– Limited adds standard six-way power driver’s seat and leather-wrapped parking brake handle, optional automatic temperature control
– Remote starter added to CVT-equipped North Edition and Limited models with optional Security and Cargo Convenience Group
For 2010, the Jeep Compass’ 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine, previously available only with a CVT, now comes with a manual transmission as well. All models receive standard whiplash-reducing active front head restraints, plus illuminated cupholders, assist handles, map lights and a flashlight. The North Edition adds heated power mirrors and body-colour handles, while the Limited adds a six-way power driver’s seat and leather-wrapped parking brake handle, and can be optioned with automatic temperature control.
More of a four-door sedan than a rugged SUV, and the only Jeep not to wear the company’s “Trail Rated” badge, the Compass shares its platform and driveline with the Dodge Caliber. It comes as the Sport, Canada-exclusive North Edition, and as the Limited.
All use a 2.4-litre four-cylinder engine with five-speed manual transmission or optional CVT, while the Sport and North Editions can be optioned with a 2.0-litre four-cylinder with five-speed manual or CVT. The 2.0-litre is front-wheel drive only. The 2.4-litre is also front-wheel, but can be optioned with Freedom Drive I, an all-wheel system that runs in front-wheel until it senses slippage and sends torque to the rear wheels. It can also be locked into 50/50 mode.
Features on the Sport include 17-inch alloy wheels, manual mirrors, fog lamps, variable intermittent wipers, intermittent rear washer/wiper, assist handles, floor console with illuminated cupholders, floor mats, map lights, removable flashlight, cloth seats, 60/40 split-folding second-row seat, CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary input, tilt steering column, removable cargo load floor, and tire pressure warning lamp. Air conditioning can be added as an option.
The North Edition adds air conditioning, tinted glass, power heated mirrors, power locks, 115-volt power outlet, Stain Repel seat fabric, height-adjustable driver’s seat, fold-flat front passenger seat, 60/40 split-folding and reclining second-row seat, and power windows with driver’s one-touch down.
The Limited adds 18-inch alloy wheels, bright body side moulding, vehicle information centre, garage door opener, auto-dimming rearview mirror, Sirius satellite radio, UConnect phone, heated leather seats, six-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, cruise control, four-wheel disc brakes, and tire pressure monitoring system.