NEW FOR 2011:
– Base XF adds 5.0-litre V8, dynamic mode, larger brake rotors and extended service intervals
– XFR adds black grille
– Increased warranty coverage on all models
– Redesigned side mirror bases to reduce wind noise
– JaguarSense glovebox opening sensor replaced with pushbutton
– Heated windshield available on all models
– Six-CD changer added to optional Bowers & Wilkins Premium Audio Package
– 19-inch Caravela wheels optional on XF Premium Package and no-charge option with Portfolio Package; Arutra wheels replace Carelia wheels as 19-inch optional wheels on XF
– Exterior colours: Polaris White, Status Grey and Crystal Blue added; Claret added to all models except XFR; Spectrum Blue added to XFR; Porcelain, Pearl Grey and Frost Blue discontinued
– Interior colours: Burl Walnut veneer standard on XF Base model, with Satin American Walnut a no-charge option
For 2011, the Jaguar XF line-up undergoes several changes. The base Luxury model, which previously used a 4.2-litre V8, now uses the 5.0-litre V8 also found on the XF Premium. It also includes Jaguar Dynamic Mode, which modifies the engine and transmission settings for sportier performance.
The overall warranty increases to 5 years or 80,000 km, up from 4 years/80,000 km, and all models come standard with Jaguar Platinum Coverage, which covers scheduled maintenance and no-cost replacement of basic wear-and-tear items such as brake pads and discs, wiper blades, and oil and brake fluid changes for 5 years/80,000 km. A heated windshield is now available on all models, bundled with the optional steering wheel on the base XF and a stand-alone option on other models. Other changes include revised mirrors, a new glovebox button, and changes to the wheels and optional stereo package.
The XF is Jaguar’s entry-level line-up. It includes the XF Luxury, XF Premium Luxury, XF Premium Luxury with Portfolio Pack, and XFR. The XF and XF Premium use a 5.0-litre V8 engine, while the XFR uses a supercharged 5.0-litre V8. All use a six-speed automatic transmission with a rotary gear selector, and steering wheel-mounted paddles for the manual shift mode.
Features on the XF Luxury include 18-inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, cruise control with automatic speed limiter, electronic parking brake, heated auto-dimming mirrors with integrated turn signals and puddle lamps, rain-sensing wipers, LED taillights, power sunroof, rear parking assist, acoustic laminated windshield, tire pressure monitoring system, alarm system, power tilt and telescopic leather-wrapped steering wheel, auto up/down windows, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, garage door opener, driver information centre, keyless ignition, ten-way power heated Bond Grain leather seats with two-position driver memory, 60/40 split-folding rear seat, Bluetooth connectivity, navigation system, six-CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary input and Sirius satellite radio, full-colour touch-screen display, automatic headlamps with manual levelling, and front and rear carpet floor mats.
The XF Premium Luxury adds 19-inch alloy wheels, blind spot monitor, bi-xenon headlamps with cornering lights, washers and automatic levelling, front parking assist with rear-view camera, electric rear sunshade, Smart Key system, and heated and cooled soft-grain leather seats. The optional Portfolio Pack adds soft-grain leather door panels, “suede cloth” headliner, ebony trim and premium carpet mats.
The XFR adds 20-inch alloy wheels, Adaptive Dynamics, active differential control, rear spoiler, hood louvers, 18-way driver and 14-way passenger power heated and cooled R soft-grain leather seats, premium carpet mats, “suede cloth” headliner, and Bowers & Wilkins 440-watt surround sound system.