NEW FOR 2013:
– Sedan, Sedan Si given emergency exterior refresh.
– All models given emergency interior refresh, including new Black interior colour.
– Retuned steering and suspension.
– EX-L trim renamed to Touring in sedan, EX-L Navi in coupe.
– LX trim updates exterior temperature display, heated front seats, and text message capability.
– EX trim adds rear camera, automatic climate control system with air filtration; updates heated front seats, text message capability.
– Si adds multi angle rear camera; updates heated front seats and text message capability.
– Touring and EX-L Navi trims add 17-inch wheels, P215/45R17 87V (M+S) all-season tires, multi-angle rear camera, front fog lights, and text message capability.
– Next generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ II (ACE™ II) body structure for increased safety during a crash.
– SmartVent™ front seat side airbag in all trims.
– Two new exterior colours: Aspen White Pearl and Kona Coffee Metallic.
– No Hybrid model for 2013 as of 04/09/2013.
For 2013, Honda rushed out an emergency refresh to respond to critical media reports on the 2012 Civic. The sedan, in all guises, sees significant changes to exterior styling with completely new front and rear fascias. Civics of all trims have been given reworked interiors with upgraded materials.
The Civic continues as a sedan in DX, LX, and EX trims, with the EX-L trim renamed Touring; as a coupe in LX and EX trims, with the EX-L trim renamed EX-L Navi; and as the Civic Si in both sedan and coupe flavours.
Drivetrain options remain unchanged in all trims. Except for Si models, the Civic relies on a 1.8L, 16 valve, SOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine producing 140 hp and 128 lb-ft of torque. Si models use the much bigger 2.4L, 16 valve, DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine producing 201 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque.
A choice of three transmissions are available in the Civic. DX trims are only equipped with a 5-speed manual, while LX, EX, Touring, and EX-L Navi have the option of a 5-speed automatic. Si models come standard with a 6-speed manual transmission with a limited slip front differential. All transmissions power the front wheels only.
Features on the DX include 15×6-inch steel wheels, P195/65R15 89H (M+S) all-season tires, 4-speaker AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA stereo with auxiliary jack, electric assisted power steering, front disc/rear drum power brakes, front MacPherson strut and rear multi-link suspension, Eco-assist driving coast w/ Econ button, front airbags, SmartVent™ front seat side airbags, ABS w/ electronic brake distribution and brake assist, vehicle stability assist w/ traction control, ACE II body structure, temporary spare tire, LATCH system, body coloured bumpers, power and folding door mirrors, two-speed intermittent windshield wipers, front splash guards, 12-volt accessory outlet (x1), power windows, auto-off headlights, center console storage, dual vanity mirrors, smart maintenance minder system, tilt and telescopic steering, 6-way manual adjustable driver’s seat, and floor mats.
The LX adds wider 15×6.5-inch steel wheels, security system, body coloured door handles and mirrors, heated mirrors, air conditioning, power locks, remote entry with truck release, cruise control, Bluetooth phone integration, exterior temperature gauge, map lights, heated front seats, passenger back seat pocket, 60/40 fold-down rear seat, iMID TFT display, text message capability, steering wheel mounted audio controls, USB connector, and Bluetooth audio.
The EX adds 16×6.5-inch aluminum wheels, P205/55R16 89H (M+S) all-season tires, 6-speaker AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA stereo with auxiliary jack, four-wheel disc brakes, power moonroof with tilt, speed-sensing intermittent wipers, automatic climate control with air filtration, power windows with driver’s window auto up/down, rear camera, and leather wrapped steering wheel.
The Touring (sedan)/EX-L Navi (coupe) trims add 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels, P215/45R17 87V (M+S) all-season tires, 5-speed automatic transmission (no manual available), front fog lights, 12-volt accessory outlets (x2), multi angle rear camera, satellite navigation with voice recognition, auto-on/off headlights, 8-way adjustable driver’s seat, leather-trimmed seats, and XM satellite radio. The EX-L Navi also gets a 7-speaker AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA stereo with auxiliary jack and subwoofer.
All coupe models get an integrated decklid spoiler.
The Si adds 2.4L, 4-cylinder engine, 6-speed manual transmission with limited slip front differential, 7-speaker AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA stereo with auxiliary jack and subwoofer, wing spoiler, exhaust tip, and aluminum sport pedals. The Si does away with the eco-assist driving coach and Econ button.