NEW FOR 2012:
– Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) can be deleted on SRW F-350
– New available spray-in bedliner
– Two-inch sleeve reducer added to vehicles with 2.5-inch hitch
– Gaseous bi-fuel prep package available on 6.2-litre engines
– All SRW (single rear wheels) models have standard vacuum brakes; all DRW (dual rear wheels) models have standard hydro brakes
– Chrome Package adds 18-inch chrome wheels and can be optioned to 20-inch chrome wheels
– 20-inch premium cast aluminum wheels not available on XLT
– Power sliding window with privacy glass and defroster standard on Lariat and King Ranch, and optional on XLT
– Four-way adjustable headrests standard on Lariat and King Ranch models
– Trailer brake controller standard on SRW XLT and Lariat models, and on all DRW models
– Crew Chief telematics system now powered by Telogis and includes one year of subscription service
– XL adds standard MyKey vehicle controller
– 9,900 GVWR Downgrade Package standard on F-250 models
– Exterior colours: Autumn Red, Tuxedo Black added; Black discontinued
A redesigned model for 2011, the Ford Super Duty receives trim and option package changes for 2012.
The Super Duty is available in pickup configuration as the F-250 and F-350; in pickup or chassis cab as the F-450; and in chassis cab as the F-550. Cab styles are Regular, SuperCab and SuperCrew. The F-250 and F-350 use a 6.2-litre V8 gasoline engine that can be optioned to a 6.7-litre Power Stroke turbodiesel that is also used exclusively on the F-450 and F-550. All models use a six-speed automatic transmission with tow-haul mode and manual shift mode.
Trim levels are the XL, XLT, Lariat and King Ranch.
Features on the XL include 17-inch steel wheels, air conditioning, heavy-duty vinyl 40/20/40 front seat, AM/FM stereo with two speakers, digital clock, black vinyl floor covering, trip computer, tilt and telescopic steering wheel, passenger side vanity mirror, MyKey owner controls feature, black-painted bumpers, door handles and grille, and manually telescoping trailer tow mirrors. The SuperCab includes a 60/40 split flip-up rear seat, while the Crew Cab has a 60/40 split flip-up or fold-down bench seat.
The XLT adds front under-seat locking storage with 12-volt power point, centre armrest, accessory delay for power features, CD/MP3 stereo with four speakers, Sirius satellite radio and auxiliary input jack, cruise control, carpeted floor with floor mats, power locks, power windows with driver’s auto-down, driver and passenger vanity mirrors, anti-theft alarm, chrome bumpers and grille, privacy glass and keyless entry.
The Lariat adds 18-inch aluminum wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, leather-trimmed ten-way power heated and cooled seats, driver’s side memory, information centre with screen, Sync, adjustable pedals, premium CD/MP3 stereo, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, garage door opener, woodgrain-style instrument panel accents, automatic headlamps, fog lamps, power telescoping heated trailer tow mirrors with integrated turn signals, reverse sensing system, SecuriCode keyless entry keypad and power sliding rear window. The single rear wheel version also includes an integrated trailer brake controller.
The King Ranch adds Chaparral leather-trimmed seats with flow-through centre console, colour-coordinated floor mats with logo, unique woodgrain-style instrument panel accents, monochromatic bumpers, illuminated cab steps, and two-tone paint.