NEW FOR 2012:
– Available 2.0-litre four-cylinder EcoBoost engine
– SE adds standard six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission
– SEL adds standard ten-way power driver’s seat, body-colour door handles and body-colour keyless-entry keypad
– SYNC optional on SE and standard on SEL
– Limited adds standard ten-way power passenger seat; fold-flat front passenger seat no longer available
– Unique rocker panels included with EcoBoost models
– New body-colour aero spoiler on SE, SEL, Limited and Sport
– Vision Package adds new LED turn signal indicators to blind spot information system and rain-sensing wipers
– Exterior colours: Ginger Ale Metallic, Dark Blue Pearl, Cinnamon Metallic, Mineral Grey Metallic and Red Candy Metallic Tinted Clearcoat added
Redesigned for 2011, the Ford Edge receives a third engine, the 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged EcoBoost, while the V6 engines receive six-speed SelectShift automatic transmissions.
The Edge, which is also the basis for the Lincoln MKX, comes with a choice of three engines. A 3.5-litre V6 is used in the SE, SEL and Limited; all are front-wheel drive but the SEL and Limited can be optioned to all-wheel drive. The 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder EcoBoost engine can be optioned in the SE, SEL FWD and Limited AWD. A 3.7-litre V6 is used in the Sport, which is strictly all-wheel drive. The V6 engines use a six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission; the EcoBoost uses a six-speed automatic.
Features on the SE include 17-inch alloy wheels, air conditioning, black power mirrors, black door handles, one-touch up/down windows, keyless entry, cruise control, roof rails, tilt and telescopic steering wheel with audio controls, vanity mirrors, cloth seats, split-folding rear seat, floor mats, CD/MP3 stereo, variable intermittent wipers, rear wiper, trip computer, and tire pressure monitoring system.
The SEL adds 18-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, heated body-colour mirrors, power liftgate, chrome door handles, keyless entry keypad, auto-dimming rearview mirror, heated seats, ten-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, leather-wrapped steering wheel, automatic headlamps, compass, illuminated vanity mirrors, SYNC, reverse sensing system, and approach lighting.
The Limited adds body-colour door handles, chrome side window mouldings, leather seats with ten-way power passenger adjustment, garage door opener, and voice-activated radio with digital signal processor.
The Sport adds 22-inch forged aluminum wheels, sport suspension, and steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters, and does not have the garage door opener or chrome window moulding.