NEW FOR 2011:
– Standard MyKey, integrated spotter mirrors (except with optional Blind Spot Information System)
– Folding front passenger seat discontinued
– Six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission with manual shift mode available on 2.5-litre I4 engine when equipped with Sport Appearance Package
– Rain-sensing wipers standard on Sport, included in Driver’s Vision Group on SEL and Hybrid
– SE adds standard automatic headlamps
– Hybrid deletes 110-volt electrical outlet
– Power driver’s seat is eight-way adjustable on SE, ten-way adjustable on SEL, Sport and Hybrid; power passenger seat is now four-way adjustable on SEL, Sport and Hybrid
– New Moons & Tunes Package available on SEL and Hybrid
– New Luxury Package available on SEL
– Sport Appearance and Chrome Sport Appearance packages available on SE and SEL
– Exterior colours: Bordeaux Reserve Metallic, Ingot Silver Metallic, Blue Flame Metallic and Steel Blue Metallic added; Smokestone Metallic, Sport Blue Metallic, Brilliant Silver Metallic and Atlantis Green discontinued
Redesigned for 2010, the Ford Fusion enters 2011 with revisions to its trim. Several items move into lower trim levels, including automatic headlamps on the SE, more adjustment to the driver’s power seat, and rain-sensing wipers on the Sport.
A new Moons & Tunes package adds a Sony-branded audio system and sunroof, while a new Luxury Package, available on SEL, adds 17-inch polished aluminum wheels, chrome mirror caps and door handles, luxury leather-trimmed seats, premium floor mats, piano black accents, leather-wrapped steering wheel with contrasting stitching, aluminum pedal covers, and illuminated front scuff plates.
The Fusion is available with a 2.5-litre four-cylinder, flexible-fuel 3.0-litre V6, or 3.5-litre V6. The 2.5-litre uses a six-speed manual or optional six-speed automatic transmission; the V6 engines use a six-speed automatic. The four-cylinder comes solely in front-wheel drive; the 3.0-litre is available in front- or all-wheel drive, while the 3.5-litre is AWD only.
The Hybrid uses the 2.5-litre four-cylinder with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and electric motor, in front-wheel drive only. It is capable of running on its battery alone, and comes with a special instrument cluster display that rewards fuel-efficient driving with branches that “grow” more leaves as mileage improves.
The 2.5-litre comes in S, SE and SEL trim; the 3.0-litre comes in SEL; and the 3.5-litre comes in Sport. The Hybrid comes in a single trim line.
Features on the S include 16-inch alloy wheels, air conditioning, power mirrors, cruise control, one-touch up/down power windows, power locks with keyless entry, illuminated entry, tilt and telescopic wheel, MyKey, driver and passenger vanity mirrors, cloth seats, split-folding rear seat, CD/MP3 stereo, speed-sensitive variable intermittent wipers, low tire pressure warning, trip computer, and security system.
The SE adds 17-inch steel wheels, heated mirrors, illuminated vanity mirrors, seatback storage pockets, automatic headlamps, eight-way power driver’s seat, floor mats, wheel-mounted audio controls, and fog lamps.
The SEL models add 17-inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, chrome side window mouldings, keypad locking, garage door opener, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, overhead console with storage, leather-wrapped wheel, ten-way power driver’s seat, wireless connectivity, rear reading lamps, compass, and outside temperature display.
The Sport adds 18-inch alloy wheels, sport suspension, rear spoiler, power sunroof, heated leather seats, power passenger seat, premium audio system, rain-sensing wipers, reverse sensing system, and blind spot warning system.
The Hybrid is outfitted similarly to the SEL, but does not have a folding rear seat.