CHANGES FOR 2014:
– 2.4-litre Tigershark engine now standard in SXT, Limited and GT
– SXT gets standard aluminum wheels, LED “racetrack” taillights, active grille shutters, aero kit, automatic headlamps, speed control, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, Uconnect Bluetooth with Voice Command, and new, premium cloth seats
– Aero gets standard aluminum wheels, 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen media centre, seven-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) reconfigurable display, backup camera, Uconnect Bluetooth with voice command, auto-dimming rearview mirror, satellite radio and remote start (with automatic transmission)
– Limited gets six-speed automatic transmission, LED “racetrack”taillamps, intelligent keyless entry, pushbutton start, premium leather seating, heated front seats and steering wheel, power sunroof, 8.4-inch Uconnect touch screen, Garmin navigation, satellite radio, SiriusXM TravelLink, dual-zone automatic temperature control, and remote start
– new SXT Rallye Appearance and Sun and Sound, Cold Weather and Uconnet Touchscreen packages (features listed below)
– new Aero Garmin navigation package (features listed below)
For 2014, Dodge cuts the Rallye trim from the Dart line, leaving SE, Aero, SXT, GT and Limited models to choose from. Styling is unchanged.
SE features include 2.0-litre Tigershark four-cylinder engine with six-speed manual transmission, black cloth seats, 10 standard air bags, four-wheel disc brakes with ABS, electronic brake assist, stability and traction control, hill-start assist, electronic roll mitigation, tire pressure monitoring, six-way manual driver and front passenger seats, power windows with one-touch driver window, manual door locks, outside temperature display, front maplights, halogen projector headlamps, body-colour grille with body-colour surround, chrome headlamp bezels, black door handles, four speaker sound system with audio input jack, tilt-telescopic steering wheel, electric power steering, and 16-inch steel wheels with wheel covers.
SXT models come with the 2.4-litre Tigershark motor, with six-speed manual transmission. To the SE’s list of features, it adds aluminum wheels, black grille, tinted headlamps, LED “racetrack” taillamps, active grille shutters, underbody aerodynamic kit, automatic headlamps, speed control, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, Uconnect Bluetooth with voice command, premium cloth seats, body-colour door handles and mirrors, air conditioning, six-speaker sound system, power door locks and keyless entry, power mirrors, centre console with sliding armrest, split-folding rear seat with armrest, cupholders and trunk pass-through, overhead console with sunglasses holder, sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors, 12-volt power outlet, floor mats and maintenance-free battery.
Aero trim adds the 1.4-litre Multi-Air turbo engine, 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen media centre, thin-film transistor (TFT) reconfigurable gauge display, backup camera, auto-dimming rearview mirror, satellite radio, remote start, electronic vehicle information centre (EVIC) with trip computer, leather-wrapped steering wheel, speed control, and tire inflator kit.
In GT trim, the Dart builds on the SXT, and adds sport suspension, intelligent keyless entry, 18-inch aluminum wheels, dual exhaust, black fascia with black grille, fog lamps, heated exterior mirrors with courtesy lamps and turn signal repeaters, leather seating, heated front seats and steering wheel, soft-touch door trim, Uconnect 8.4 sound system, CD player, TFT reconfigurable gauge display, ParkView backup camera, dual-zone automatic temperature control, remote start and satellite radio.
Limited models use the 2.4-litre Tigershark engine, and include six-speed automatic transmission, power sunroof, Garmin navigation and Uconnect 8.4N, full-colour reconfigurable TFT gauge display with tachometer and compass, 17-inch aluminum wheels, touring suspension with rear stabilizer bar, 10-way power driver’s seat with lumbar, illuminated intrument panel surround, LED ambient interior lighting, garage door opener, bright grille with body-colour surround, and bright door handles.
The SE Convenience package adds air conditioning, active grille shutters, speed control, power locks and keyless entry, Uconnect Bluetooth with voice command, auto-dimming rearview mirror, body-colour power mirrors, and body-colour door handles.
SXT models can be optioned with three different packages.
The SXT Sun and Sound group adds power sunroof, nine-speaker Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreenstereo with subwoofer and amplifier, iPod control, satellite radio, ParkView backup camera, illuminated instrument panel surround, and glove box lamp.
The SXT Cold Weather group adds body-colour heated outside mirrors, heated front seats and premium cloth upholstery, ParkView backup camera, tire pressure monitoring display and remote start (with automatic transmission).
And the SXT Uconnect Touchscreen group brings an 8.4-inch multimedia centre, floating-island bezel, USB input, iPod control, remote CD player, ParkView backup camera, and glovebox lamp.
Dart SXT can also be optioned with Garmin navigation.
Aero models can add Garmin navigation with SiriusXM Travel Link.
Limited models offer the option of a premium Alpine stereo, and a Technology group that adds blind spot monitoring, rear cross path detection, rear park assist, Xenon SmartBean headlamps, rain sensitive wipers and intrusion alarm.
GT buyers can add the Technology, Navigation and Sun and Sound groups available in other trims, as well as hyper black aluminum wheels.