CHANGE FOR 2013:
– Trailer Sway Dampening added to all trim levels as standard equipment.
– Blu-Ray DVD player, upgraded screens added to DVD entertainment packages.
– Rear seat compartment USB ports and HDMI Port comes with the DVD entertainment packages.
– Revised 115V power inverter, works with popular gaming systems.
– Maximum Steel Metallic, Billet Metallic paint colours added; Copperhead Pearl, Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Charcoal Pearl discontinued.
– Black/Sandstorm interior colour combination added.
– Available Blacktop package.
– No-charge black roof rails, easy clean floor mats on SE Plus order package.
– New 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels added to SXT Plus.
For 2013, the Grand Caravan continues with its traditional low cost of entry, unique features, and value-driven options which makes it a hot seller in the Canadian market. There are no major changes to the minivan in 2013, yet a number of improvements have been made, mostly notably an upgraded DVD package with better screens and Blu-Ray capability.
The Grand Caravan is only available with one engine and transmission combination – Chrysler’s 3.6L Pentastar V6 with variable value timing producing 283 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque mated to a six-speed automatic motivating the front wheels.
Trims include SE Canada Value Package (CVP), SXT Stow ‘N Go, Crew, Crew Plus, and R/T.
In SE CVP trim, features include 3.6L Pentastar VVT V6, six-speed automatic transmission, power windows and locks, 3rd row Stow ‘n Go seating, 2nd row bench seating, dual zone climate control, air conditioning, steering wheel mounted audio and cruise controls, tilt and telescopic steering, 16-inch steel wheels, power heated mirrors, tinted glass, airbags (front, front seat, side curtain, driver’s knee), active front headrests, four wheel disc brakes with ABS, electronic stability control, traction control, brake assist, trailer sway dampening, keyless entry, and Uconnect 130 AM/FM/CD/MP3.
SXT Stow ‘n Go adds 2nd row bucket seats with Super Stow ‘n Go, tailgate seats, floor console with cup holders, easy clean floor mats, black roof rails, and body-colour door handles and bodyside moulding.
Crew adds eight-way power driver’s seat with two-way lumber adjuster, tri-zone automatic climate control, leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, Super Console with illuminated cupholders, bright roof rack, bright bodyside and belt mouldings, fog lights, and electronic vehicle information centre.
Crew Plus adds leather-faced heated front seats, power adjustable pedals, power sliding doors and liftgate, rear-view camera, and Uconnect 430 CD/DVD/MP3/HDD with auxiliary input and satellite radio.
R/T adds unique leather-faced seats with red stitching, heated second row seats, all-black interior, heated steering wheel, body-colour grille and side moulding, and Uconnect hands-free communication with Bluetooth streaming.
The SE Plus and SXT Plus Stow ‘n Go “trim” levels on the Dodge website are order packages and not actual trim levels.
* Should be added as no-charge options by dealer when ordering.