CHANGES FOR 2013:
– New Rallye Redline trim slots between SXT Plus and R/T.
– New 20-inch forged aluminum five spoke wheels with black painted pockets or optional 20-inch Black Vapour aluminum wheel on SRT.
– Park-Sense Rear Park Assist System standard on SXT Plus, R/T, R/T Classic.
– Radar Red leather seating available on SXT Plus, R/T, R/T Classic.
– Paint changes: Granite Crystal Metallic, Billet Metallic, Jazz Blue Pearl, Phantom Black Tri-Coat added; Tungsten Metallic, Bright Silver Metallic, Blackberry Pearl, Header Orange discontinued.
– 3-mode Adaptive Damping Suspension and Launch Control on SRT.
For 2013, the Dodge Challenger continues with the same engine options and design, with the muscle car gaining an extra trim level (Rallye Redline) and some additional standard features and interior options.
The Challenger is available with three different engines and two different transmissions, all in RWD configuration:
– 3.6L Pentastar V6 with 305 hp and 268 lb-ft of torque mated to a five-speed automatic.
– 5.7L HEMI V8 with 372 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque mated to either a five-speed automatic or six-speed manual.
– 6.4L SRT HEMI V8 with 470 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque mated to either a five-speed automatic or six-speed manual.
Trims include SXT, SXT Plus, Rallye Redline, R/T, R/T Classic, and SRT.
SXT features include 3.6L Pentastar V6, 5-speed automatic, 18-inch aluminum wheels, cloth seats, electronic stability control, hill start assist, ready alert braking, traction control, brake assist, rain brake support, dual-zone automatic climate control, proximity key with push-button start, dual exhaust with bright tips, bright fuel filler door, 6-way power adjustable driver’s seat with 4-way lumbar, leather-wrapped tilt/telescopic steering wheel, steering wheel mounted cruise and audio controls, Uconnect 130 with six speakers and auxiliary jack, active front headrests, six airbags, and four-wheel disc brakes with ABS.
SXT Plus adds Park-Sense Rear Park Assist System, Nappa leather-faced seating, heated front seats, fog lights, automatic headlights, six Boston Acoustics speakers with 276-watt amplifier, satellite radio (first year free), sunvisors with illuminated mirrors, Uconnect hands-free phone, auto-dimming rearview mirror with microphone, and Bluetooth streaming audio.
Rallye Redline adds 20-inch black chrome clad wheels, P245/45R20 BSW all-season performance tires, four-wheel disc performance brakes, performance steering and suspension, rear body-coloured spolier, red centre stripe, sport mode, steering wheel-mounted shift control, and 3.06 rear axle ratio.
R/T adds 5.7L HEMI V8, hood to fender stripes, 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels, and mini carbon interior accents.
R/T Classic adds 20-inch polished aluminum wheels, HID headlights, R/T body-side stripes, functional hood scoop, and Challenger script badge.
SRT adds 6.4L SRT HEMI V8, 20-inch forged aluminum five spoke wheels with black painted pockets, Nappa leather-faced seats with perforated suede inserts, three-mode adaptive damping suspension, Uconnect 430 with 6.5-inch touch-screen, anti-spin rear differential, bright pedals, heated steering wheel, centre stripes, severe duty engine cooling and engine oil cooler, universal garage door opener, temperature and compass gauge, security alarm, and 392 badging.