NEW FOR 2012:
– 1LT and 2LT add standard six-speed manual transmission
– LTZ adds new 17-inch alloy wheel design and standard fog lamps
– LS adds new wheel cover design
– Keyless entry with passive entry pushbutton start available on 2LT with automatic transmission and standard on LTZ
– Eight-way adjustable seats now six-way (manual seat bottom tilt deleted)
– Rear centre headrest removed from all trim levels
– Standard OnStar on all models
– Exterior colours: Autumn Metallic, Blue Topaz Metallic and Victory Red added; Imperial Blue Metallic and Steel Green discontinued
An all-new model for 2011, the Cruze undergoes some trim changes for 2012. The 1LT and 2LT, which came only with a six-speed automatic transmission for 2011, now use a six-speed manual or optional six-speed automatic. OnStar is now standard, and a pushbutton start is available.
The Cruz is available with two engines. A naturally-aspirated 1.8-litre four-cylinder is used in the LS, while a turbocharged 1.4-litre four-cylinder is used in the Eco, LT and LTZ trim lines. A six-speed manual or optional six-speed automatic is used on all trim lines except for the LTZ, which uses the six-speed automatic only.
Features on the LS include 16-inch steel wheels, power door locks with keyless entry, automatic headlamps, anti-theft alarm, body-colour door handles, manual mirrors, variable intermittent wipers, driver information centre, OnStar, tilt and telescopic steering wheel, auto-down windows, premium cloth seats, 60/40 split-folding rear seat, and CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary input.
The Eco adds 17-inch alloy wheels, air conditioning, Eco-specific grille with air shutters, heated power mirrors, rear spoiler, lowered suspension, cruise control, floor mats, auto-dimming rearview mirror, driver’s auto up/down window, and XM satellite radio.
The LT builds on the LS and adds air conditioning, heated power mirrors, cruise control, floor mats, driver’s auto up/down window, and XM satellite radio.
The LTZ adds 17-inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, rear parking assist, four-wheel disc brakes, sport-tuned suspension, remote starter, pushbutton start, body-colour door handles with chrome strip, premium instrument cluster, auto-dimming rearview mirror, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, heated leather seats, six-way power driver’s seat, USB port, premium Pioneer sound system and Bluetooth connectivity.