NEW FOR 2011:
– Optional air conditioning includes standard cabin air filtration
– LS models with automatic transmission can now be optioned with air conditioning
– Six-month Directions and Connections plan standard on LT, optional on LS
– New optional Sport Package with 15-inch alloy wheels and rear spoiler; optional Premium Sound Package with six-speaker system, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, and XM satellite radio
– Redesigned optional spoiler available for hatchback
– Exterior colour: Blue Metallic added
With an all-new version expected for 2012, the 2011 Chevrolet Aveo is unchanged except for trim. The optional air conditioning system now includes cabin air filtration; the base LS model can be ordered with both an automatic transmission and air conditioning; the Directions and Connections plan is added to the OnStar package; and there are two new option packages, the Sport and Premium Sound. Production also moves from Korea to Mexico.
The Aveo is available as a four-door sedan or hatchback (called Aveo5), in LS or LT trim. All models use a 1.6-litre four-cylinder engine, with five-speed manual transmission or optional four-speed automatic.
Features on the LS sedan include 14-inch steel wheels, manual remote mirrors, variable intermittent wipers, seat side airbags, tilt steering wheel, manual driver’s seat height adjustment and fold-down armrest, 60/40 split-folding rear seat, theft deterrent system, and CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary input.
The LS hatchback adds rear washer/wiper and fog lights, and its rear seat flips and folds.
The LT models add air conditioning, power locks, keyless entry, OnStar, heated power mirrors, floor mats, metallic or woodgrain interior accents, cruise control, alarm system, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, XM satellite radio, and power windows. The LT sedan also adds fog lights. The LT can also be optioned with a no-charge sunroof.