CHANGES FOR 2013:
– Exterior refresh includes body colour front and rear fascias and rocker mouldings, new hood, fenders, front grille, LED daytime running lamps, headlamps, chrome bodyside mouldings, LED taillamps and 19- and 20-inch wheels.
– Interior enhancements include new instrument panel, door trim with real stitching, ambient lighting, revised OnStar buttons, and new climate controls.
– Updated six-speed automatic transmission.
– Front centre side air bag added.
– Improved suspension geared toward a smoother ride.
– Standard backup camera; available side blind zone alert and rear cross-traffic alert.
– Eight-way power front passenger seat available.
– Front-row four-way adjustable head restraints.
– Rear fascia-integrated dual-outlet stainless steel exhaust.
– Buick IntelliLink seven-inch colour touch-screen radio added (includes AM/FM and XM radio, Bluetooth, USB port, CD player, auxiliary input jack, and steering wheel-mounted controls).
– Available colour touch radios with DVD and navigation.
– Choccochino leather and Cocoa leather colour combinations added.
– Paint changes: Mocha Bronze Metallic, Champagne Silver Metallic, Atlantis Blue Metallic, and Iridium Metallic added.
– Trims renamed to Convenience Collection, Leather Collection, and Premium Collection.
For 2013, Buick’s big crossover brings an industry-first centre side airbag, designed to protect the driver during passenger-side impacts, and vice-versa. The airbag deploys from the inboard side of the driver’s seat and inflates between the driver and front passenger; keep those ‘annoying-spouse’ comments to yourself. Otherwise, the Enclave gets minor interior and exterior styling updates, a new standard backup camera, and four-way adjustable head restraints for the front seats. There are few ways to get this much luxury in a large vehicle for a relatively affordable price; the Enclave competes with heavyweights like the Audi Q7 and Mercedes-Benz GL-Class.
The Enclave is available with a single engine option, GM’s omnipresent 3.6L V6, and can only be had with a six-speed automatic transmission. You do, however, have the choice between front- or all-wheel drive.
Features on the Convenience Collection include airbags (front, front seat side-mounted, side curtain, front row centre), OnStar, content theft alarm, electronic immobilizer, four-wheel disc brakes with ABS, dual exhaust, remote vehicle starter, chrome door handles, power liftgate, automatic HID headlights, body colour power heated mirrors with integrated turn signals, chrome beltline mouldings, backup camera, chrome roof rails, 18-inch aluminum wheels, Ultrasonic rear parking assist, storage under rear cargo floor, automatic tri-zone climate control, cruise control, floor mats, driver information centre, TPMS, power locks, remote keyless entry, auto-dimming rearview mirror, QuietTuning (acoustic laminated windshield and front door glass, triple door seals, acoustic insulation injected strategically, sound-deadening floor and engine compartment materials), tilt/telescopic steering wheel with Bluetooth, cruise, and audio controls, leather-wrapped steering wheel with wood insert, universal home remote, power windows with front row auto-up/down, 7-passenger seating with 2nd row SmartSlide captain’s chairs, cloth seating, 8-way power driver seat, 2-way manual passenger seat, 6-speaker AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio system with auxiliary input and full iPod display in colour screen, Buick IntelliLink, 6.5-inch colour touch radio, satellite radio, and USB port.
Leather Collection adds rear cross traffic alert, side blind zone alert, 19-inch aluminum wheels, driver’s seat memory function, 8-way power passenger seat, heated front seats, and perforated leather seating surfaces.
Premium Collection adds trailer towing package, steerable headlights, power folding mirrors with driver’s auto-dimming mirror and memory, 19-inch chrome wheels, power tilt/telescopic steering, cooled front seats, 10-speaker Bose audio system, and rear seat audio controls and earphone jacks.