NEW FOR 2010:
- 4.7-litre V8 discontinued; 5.7-litre V8 available on Sport model
- Standard fuel saver indicator and leather-wrapped parking brake handle
- Sport adds standard rear air conditioning with heater, Sirius satellite radio, adjustable roof rail cross bars, and chrome body side mouldings; optional 17-inch OWL all-terrain tires and Popular Equipment Group no longer available
- Limited adds power liftgate, chrome rear assist handles, and chrome fender flare bolt heads; new 18-inch chrome wheel option available
- Sun and Sound Group option adds six Boston Acoustics speakers, rear backup camera, UConnect Maps 30 GB hard-drive MP3 radio with navigation, power sunroof with CommandView, and heated leather-trimmed seats
- Interior colour: Saddle Brown seats discontinued
For 2010, the Jeep Commander slims down its list of features. The 4.7-litre V8 is gone, making the 5.7-litre V8 the only engine for the Limited model. All models receive a standard fuel saver indicator and a leather-wrapped parking brake handle. The Sport receives standard rear air conditioning, satellite radio, and cross bars for its roof rails, while the Limited gets a power liftgate and new chrome accessories, and the Sun and Sound Group option increases its level of features.
A seven-passenger model based on the Grand Cherokee, the Commander comes with a 3.7-litre V6 in the Sport. It can be optioned to the 5.7-litre Hemi V8 that is the sole choice in the Limited. Both use a five-speed automatic.
Three four-wheel drive systems are available. The Quadra Trac I, standard on the Sport, uses a full-time single-speed transfer case. Quadra-Trac II, standard on the Limited and available on the Sport, is a full-time active four-wheel system with low-range gear, and includes hill descent control and hill start assist. Quadra-Drive II, optional on the Limited, adds electronic limited-slip differentials.
Features on the Sport include 17-inch alloy wheels, air conditioning, body colour fender flares, privacy glass, fog lamps, flip-up liftgate glass, heated black mirrors, black roof rails with adjustable crossbars, variable intermittent wipers, intermittent rear washer/wiper, assist handles, reversible cargo floor panel, overhead console, keyless entry, vehicle information centre, floor mats, locking glovebox, illuminated entry, CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary input, Sirius satellite radio, cloth seats, eight-way power driver’s seat, 40/20/40 fold-and-tumble second-row seats, 50/50 split-folding third-row seats, soft-touch steering wheel with audio controls, cruise control, auto up/down front windows, vanity mirrors, engine block heater, rear parking sensors, and tire pressure monitoring system.
The Limited adds dual-zone infrared automatic climate control with solar sensors, third-row manual temperature controls, automatic headlamps, intelligent high beam control, power liftgate, auto-dimming heated body-colour mirrors, bright roof rack side rails, rain-sensing wipers, garage door opener, auto-dimming rearview mirror, power-adjustable pedals, CD/DVD/HDD stereo with 30 GB hard drive, Boston Acoustics sound system with subwoofer, remote starter, heated perforated leather seats, driver’s side memory, backup camera, and security system.