CHANGES FOR 2013:
– Heated front seats available with manual transmission.
– Exterior spotter mirror is now standard on Pop.
– Leather seats (Black & Red) now available on Sport.
– Increase density of sunroof and fixed glass shades.
– Revised icons on steering wheel and cluster bezel.
– New carpet.
– Make door locking strategy configurable on EVIC.
– One push to unlock all doors or first push driver second push passenger.
– Tire pressure monitoring system to display pressure values in EVIC.
– Speed sensitive volume for premium audio.
– FIAT premium audio system replaces BOSE premium audio.
– Premium Beats Audio Package is now available as an additional option on Sport and Lounge.
– Paint changes: Luci Blu and Verde Azzurro added; Mocha Latte discontinued.
A big hit in Europe, Fiat’s modern take on its iconic Cinquecento came to North America with a pretty daunting mandate: reintroduce North America to this Italian brand, win our hearts and, as Chrysler’s only small car, repeat the fairy-tale success of the reborn Mini. It’s a charming little car with a fuel-efficient 1.4L four and available six-speed auto. The recently introduced mid-spec 135-hp 500 Turbo splits the difference between the normal 500 and Abarth. Built in Mexico, our 500s are not burdened with premium pricing.
In Pop trim, features include 1.4L 4-cylinder MultiAir engine, 5-speed manual transmission, power windows, locks, and mirrors, body colour fascias, chrome door handles and exhaust tip, 15-inch steel wheels, AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio with six speakers, cloth seats, driver’s seat height adjuster, aspheric driver exterior mirror, Electronic Vehicle Information Centre, four-wheel disc antilock brakes, tire pressure monitoring display, and airbags (front, side curtain, front seat, and driver’s knee blocker air bags).
Sport trim adds 16-inch cast aluminum wheels, red brake calipers, sport suspension, unique front and rear fascias, fog lights, rear spoiler, side sill ground effects, air conditioning with micron filter, leather wrapped sport steering wheel with audio and cruise controls, sport cloth seats, chrome shift knob, Blue&Me hands-free communication, and overhead passenger assist handle.
Lounge trim adds (to Pop) leather seating, chrome shift knob, leather wrapped steering wheel with audio and cruise controls, automatic temperature control, 15-inch cast aluminum wheels, fog lights, panoramic glass roof, chrome power heated mirrors, bright belt moulding, body colour fascia with bright insert, bodyside mouldings with ‘500’ Logo, satellite radio with one-year subscription, Alpine premium audio system, Blue&Me hands free communication, auto-dimming rear view mirror, security alarm, and overhead passenger assist handle.
Turbo trim adds 1.4L Turbo engine, 16-inch aluminum wheels with black painted pockets, sport tuned suspension, unique performance-designed front fascia, bolder side skirts, high-performance brake system, sport tuned single exhaust, gloss black headlamp, taillamp and parking lamp bezels, sport styled seating with silver stitching, and leather wrapped shift knob and steering wheel accented with silver stitching.