NEW FOR 2010:
– Standard mirror tip-down in reverse (with automatic transmission), new instrument cluster with digital oil temperature display, multifunction trip computer and new climate control on all models
– Trendline adds optional heated washer nozzles and heated seats
– Comfortline and Highline add standard black roof rails, heated washer nozzles, premium six-CD stereo, Sirius satellite radio, and heated seats; new optional 18-inch alloy wheels and Technology Package on both
– Comfortline adds optional Bluetooth connectivity
– Highline adds standard 17-inch wheels, iPod interface and Bluetooth connectivity
– 4-year/80,000 km Roadside Assistance replaces 4-year/unlimited mileage Roadside Assistance
An all-new model for 2008, the Tiguan adds several standard or optional features for 2010, including standard tip-down mirror, multifunction trip computer, and revised instrument cluster and climate control on all models. The Comfortline and Highline add roof rails, heated seats and washer nozzles, and premium stereo, while the Highline downsizes from standard 18-inch to 17-inch wheels, and adds iPod interface and Bluetooth.
The Tiguan uses a 2.0-litre turbocharged direct-injection four-cylinder engine. The base Trendline trim comes in front-wheel drive with a six-speed manual transmission, or with an optional six-speed automatic with manual shift mode. It can also be ordered with 4Motion all-wheel drive, which comes only with the automatic transmission. The Comfortline and Highline come only with 4Motion and the automatic transmission.
Features on the Trendline include 16-inch alloy wheels, manual climate control, fog lights, heated mirrors with integrated turn signals, tire pressure monitoring system, black window surrounds, variable intermittent wipers, intermittent rear wiper, anti-theft alarm, cruise control, front and rear floor mats, multifunction trip computer, keyless entry, illuminated glovebox, illuminated vanity mirrors, CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary input, eight-way manually adjustable cloth seats, fold-flat front passenger seat, sliding and reclining 60/40 split-folding rear seat with centre armrest and pass-through, electronic parking brake, auto-hold start-off assist, tilt and telescopic wheel, and auto up/down windows.
The Comfortline adds 17-inch alloy wheels, privacy glass, power sunroof, black roof rails, heated washer nozzles, six-CD/MP3 stereo, Sirius satellite radio, power reclining driver’s seat, heated seats, and leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel.
The Highline adds dual-zone automatic climate control, automatic headlamps, heated mirrors with integrated turn signals and puddle lamps, chrome window surrounds, rain-sensing wipers, digital compass, footwell lighting, auto-dimming rearview mirror, iPod interface, 12-way power driver’s seat with three-position memory, heated leather seats, and Bluetooth connectivity.