NEW FOR 2010:
– Standard engine block heater, white-illuminated displays and gauges, fuel saver indicator, and first-row active head restraints
– Comfortline adds standard heated front seats, and optional auto-dimming rearview mirror, Multimedia Package and UConnect hands-free phone system
– Highline adds standard auto-dimming rearview mirror, heated front seats, power-adjustable pedals and UConnect hands-free phone system
– Execline adds standard chrome door handles, auto-dimming rearview mirror, heated front seats, UConnect hands-free phone system, and 60/40-split power-folding rear bench seat with tailgating function
– Roadside Assistance now 4-years/80,000 km instead of 4-years/unlimited mileage
– Exterior colours: Meteor Grey Metallic and Cocoa Bean Pearl added; Blonde Maple Metallic, Pomegranate Red Pearl and Atlantis Blue Pearl discontinued
An all-new model for 2009, the Volkswagen Routan adds new standard or optional features for 2010, including a block heater, new-look gauges, and active head restraints for the first row. Depending on the model, other new features include an auto-dimming rearview mirror, power-adjustable metals, a power-folding third-row seat, and hands-free phone operation.
Built in Canada by Chrysler, with final quality inspection by on-site Volkswagen employees, the Routan is based on the Chrysler Town & Country minivan. Only the roof, doors and driveline are shared; front and rear styling, interior design, and suspension tuning are unique to the Volkswagen version. Unlike the Chrysler, the Routan does not offer Stow ‘n Go second-row seats that fold into the floor, but it does have the covered storage bins in the floor. Swivel ‘n Go seating is also unavailable.
The Routan uses a 4.0-litre V6 engine, with a six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode. Trim lines are the Trendline, Comfortline, Highline and Execline.
Features on the Trendline include 16-inch steel wheels, manual three-zone climate control, black door handles and mirrors, privacy glass, chrome grille with black slats, heated mirrors, variable intermittent wipers, intermittent rear wiper, cruise control, front and rear floor mats, keyless entry, vanity mirrors, conversation mirror, CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary jack, tire pressure monitoring system, four-way manually-adjustable front seats, second-row fold-flat bench seat, 60/40 split-folding third-row bench seat with tailgating function, leather-wrapped tilt steering wheel, covered second-row floor bins, dark rhodium trim accents, auto up/down front windows, and third-row power vent windows.
The Comfortline adds 16-inch alloy wheels, power-sliding doors, body-colour door handles and mirrors, chrome grille with chrome slats, black roof rails, anti-theft alarm, trip computer, illuminated vanity mirrors, six-CD/DVD/MP3 stereo, Sirius satellite radio, eight-way power driver’s seat, heated front seats, fold-flat second-row captain’s chairs, garage door opener, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, and second- and third-row manual sunshades.
The Highline adds automatic three-zone climate control, automatic headlamps, fog lights, power sunroof, power tailgate, sliding and removable front centre console, second- and third-row LED reading lights, auto-dimming rearview mirror, heated second-row seats, power-adjustable pedals, UConnect hands-free phone system, brushed aluminum trim, and leather upholstery.
The Execline adds 17-inch alloy wheels, chrome door handles, xenon headlamps, heated chrome mirrors with integrated turn signals, silver roof rails, multifunction trip computer, 115-volt outlet, remote starter, navigation system, rear-seat DVD entertainment system with twin nine-inch LCD displays, eight-way power front seats, two-position driver’s side memory, 60/40 split-folding power third-row seat with tailgating function, rearview camera, and leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel.