NEW FOR 2010:
– Flareside body style is no longer available
– SuperCab models no longer available with 5-foot-5 box, except with Mid Box Prep Package
– Manual transmission discontinued on Super Duty models; limited-slip axle standard on all Super Duty models
– New 6.4-litre Power Stroke V8 Turbodiesel available on Super Duty models
– SYNC now includes 911 assist feature
– MyKey standard on STX, XLT FX4 and Lariat, optional on XL models
– Available Ford Work Solutions in-dash computer, Crew Chief, Tool Link and Cable Lock
– New F-150 SVT Raptor model
– STX receives standard cloth 40/20/40 split-bench seat with manual adjuster; does not include armrests, cupholders or storage
– King Ranch adds standard Sony Branded audio and heated rear seats
– Harley-Davidson package available on F-150 Lariat SuperCrew model only; package now adds standard heated rear seats and ambient lighting; on Super Duty models, Harley-Davidson package requires 6.4-litre Power Stroke diesel engine
– Platinum adds standard heated rear seats and ambient lighting
– XTR Package adds chrome billet-style grille, auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass and unique XTR decal
– XLT SuperCrew models add optional vinyl floor
– Heavy Duty Payload Package now includes 3.73 limited-slip rear axle
– Super Duty FX4 deleted on F-250 and F-350 SRW, and is replaced by the Cabela’s Luxury Edition, available on Crew Cab 4×4 only
– F-450 no longer available with 4.88 limited-slip axle
– Exterior colours: Tuxedo Black, Ingot Silver, White Platinum and Lava Red added; Stone Green, Amber Gold, Brilliant Silver, Black, White Sand and Oxford White discontinued
Completely redesigned for 2009, the Ford F-Series pickup continues into 2010 with numerous changes to its lineup. Most notable changes on the F-150 include the deletion of a flareside box, the choice of only two box lengths on the SuperCab, and the availability of Ford Work Solutions, consisting of four separation options that can add such items as an in-vehicle computer, dispatch system, RFID tool organizer and tool locking kit.
The new SVT Raptor, which comes only as a SuperCab, is a new off-road performance truck that includes unique front and rear styling, 17-inch wheels, unique captain’s chairs and interior features, and Fox Racing shocks designed specifically for the vehicle. It uses the 5.4-litre V8 only.
The F-150 comes with a choice of 4.6-litre two-valve V8, 4.6-litre three-valve V8, or 5.4-litre flexible-fuel V8. The two-valve engine uses a four-speed automatic, while the other two use a six-speed automatic with Tow/Haul mode.
The Super Duty comes with 5.4-litre V8, 6.8-litre V10, or the new 6.4-litre Power Stroke V8 turbodiesel, all with five-speed TorqShift automatic transmission with Tow/Haul mode.
The F-150 comes in 4×2 or 4×4 configuration, in Regular Cab with 6-foot-5 or 8-foot box; SuperCab, with 6-foot-5 or 8-foot box; and SuperCrew, with 5-foot-5 or 6-foot-5 box. Trim levels are the XL, STX, XLT, FX4 and Lariat; available packages are the Harley-Davidson, King Ranch, and Platinum.
The Super Duty models also come as 4×2 or 4×4 models, in Regular Cab, SuperCab and SuperCrew, as the F-250, F-350, and F-450. Trim levels are the XL, XLT and Lariat, while available packages are the Cabela’s, Harley-Davidson, King Ranch, FX4 Off-Road, XTR, and XTR Plus.
Features on the XL include 17-inch steel wheels, air conditioning, tire pressure monitoring system, trailer tow with four-pin connector, trailer sway control, tilt steering column, cargo box lamp, stake bed pockets, intermittent wipers, silver-painted front and rear step bumpers, black grille and surround, AM/FM stereo, vinyl floor covering, cloth 40/20/40 split front rear seat, and on the SuperCab, 60/40 split flip-up rear seat.
The STX adds 17-inch alloy wheels, body-colour step bumpers, grille and surround, CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary input, Sirius satellite radio, and MyKey.
The XLT adds chrome bumpers and grille, power locks with keyless entry, power mirrors, automatic headlamps, power accessory delay, colour-coordinated carpet and floor mats, cruise control, covered vanity mirrors, power windows, fixed rear window with privacy glass, outside temperature display, compass, premium cloth seats, and fade-out interior lighting.
The FX4 adds 18-inch alloy wheels, colour-coordinated front and rear step bumpers, black grille with body-colour surround, Sterling Grey wheel lip mouldings, fog lamps, SecuriCode keypad, electronic locking rear axle, off-road tuned shocks, skid plates, leather-wrapped steering wheel, black rubber floor mats, sport cloth bucket seats with six-way power driver’s adjustment, flow-through centre console with floor shifter, reverse sensing system, trailer tow package, and rear window defroster.
The Lariat builds on the XLT and adds 18-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, Pueblo Gold front and rear step bumpers, chrome grille bars with mesh insert, heated mirrors with integrated turn signals and driver’s side auto-dimming, heavy-duty shock absorbers, illuminated vanity mirrors, six-CD/MP3 stereo, SYNC, carpet floor mats, message centre, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, ten-way power heated and cooled leather seats, driver’s side memory, auto-dimming rearview mirror, garage door opener, and power-adjustable pedals.