NEW FOR 2010:
– New Limited trim line on Hybrid
– 3.0-litre V6 now Flex Fuel-capable
– Standard Blind Spot Mirror on all models
– Hybrid receives standard AM/FM/CD/MP3 stereo with four speakers and auto volume control; Limited and Hybrid Limited receive standard premium sound system with single-disc CD/MP3 and seven speakers
– Available rearview camera and Auto Park System
– MyKey standard on Limited, Hybrid and Hybrid Limited, and included with optional Convenience Group
– Exterior colours: Gold Leaf Metallic, Ingot Silver Metallic and Steel Blue Metallic added; Light Sage Metallic, Brilliant Silver Metallic and Light Ice Blue Metallic discontinued
For 2010, the Ford Escape and Escape Hybrid receive several trim changes, while the available 3.0-litre V6 engine is now capable of using E85 ethanol fuel. The Hybrid adds a top-line Limited trim line, in both 4×2 and 4×4 configuration, and receives a new standard stereo; Limited models receive an upgraded version. Blind Spot Mirrors are standard on all models. Available options include a rearview camera and an Auto Park System, which automatically steers the vehicle into a parallel parking spot.
The Escape comes with a choice of 2.5-litre four-cylinder engine, with a five-speed manual available on front-wheel models, or a six-speed automatic that’s optional on front-wheel and the only choice on all-wheel models; and a 3.0-litre V6 Duratec engine, with six-speed automatic. The Hybrid uses a 2.5-litre Atkinson-cycle engine with electric motor, nickel-metal-hydride (NiMH) battery and electronically-controlled CVT.
The Escape XLT Manual uses the 2.5-litre with five-speed manual; the XLT and Limited use the 2.5-litre with six-speed automatic, and can be optioned to the 3.0-litre V6. The Hybrid comes in base or Limited trim.
Features on the XLT models include 16-inch alloy wheels, air conditioning, keyless entry, SecuriCode keypad, tire pressure monitoring system, cloth seats, six-way power driver’s seat, 60/40 split-folding rear seat, CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary input, Sirius satellite radio, cruise control, floor console, floor mats, auto-down driver’s window, tilt steering wheel, vanity mirrors, automatic headlamps, fog lamps, liftgate with flip-up glass, privacy glass, black roof rack side rails, heated blind spot mirrors, variable intermittent wipers, and two-speed rear washer/wiper.
The Hybrid builds on the XLT and adds dual-zone automatic climate control, body-colour upper and lower grilles, 110-volt power outlet, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, and illuminated vanity mirrors.
The Limited builds on the XLT and adds dual-zone automatic climate control, chrome upper and lower grilles, chrome roof rack side rails, body-colour door handles and mirrors, power sunroof, reverse sensing system, premium CD/MP3 stereo, SYNC, MyKey, heated leather seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, ebony black-trimmed centre stack, auto-dimming rearview mirror, illuminated vanity mirrors, ambient lighting, garage door opener, and cargo cover.
The Hybrid Limited is equipped similarly to the Limited but adds a rearview camera.