NEW FOR 2010:
– 2.7-litre V6 discontinued
– Standard active front head restraints and anti-lock brakes
– SE adds driver’s manual lumbar adjustment and map pockets; optional electronic stability program
– SXT adds standard fog lamps and six-CD/MP3 stereo; available rear spoiler, six Boston acoustic speakers, and Leather Interior Group
– SE and SXT models add standard Stain Repel fabric and fold-flat front passenger seat
– R/T adds available 18-inch chrome-clad wheels
– UConnect and Sirius satellite radio added to Hands-Free Convenience Group on SE
– Rear cargo organizer deleted
– Heated and cooled cupholder deleted from Premium Convenience Group
– Exterior colours: White Gold Metallic added; TorRed, Clearwater Blue and Light Sandstone Metallic deleted
For 2010, the Dodge Avenger trims down its powertrain choices: the 2.7-litre V6 that could be optioned on the SXT has been discontinued. Safety is upgraded with standard active front head restraints and anti-lock brakes, and the ability to option electronic stability control on all trim levels. The SE and SXT trim lines receive new standard features, while the R/T can be optioned with 18-inch chrome-clad wheels.
A sister vehicle to the Chrysler Sebring, the Avenger comes with a 2.4-litre four-cylinder with four-speed automatic in the SE and SXT, and a 3.5-litre V6 with six-speed automatic and manual shift mode in the R/T.
Features on the SE include 16-inch steel wheels, air conditioning, black power mirrors, driver’s auto-down window, variable intermittent wipers, front and rear floor mats, external temperature display, CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary input and four speakers, keyless entry, Stain Repel seat fabric, fold-flat front passenger seat, 60/40 split-folding rear seat, tilt and telescopic sport steering wheel, cruise control, Chill Zone cooled glovebox, front stabilizer bar, and tire pressure monitoring system.
The SXT adds 17-inch alloy wheels, fog lamps, six-CD/MP3 stereo with six speakers, eight-way power driver’s seat, and leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls.
The R/T adds 18-inch alloy wheels, body-colour heated mirrors, rear spoiler, premium headliner, heated leather seats, sport-tuned suspension, firm-feel steering, and front and rear stabilizer bars.