NEW FOR 2010:
– 3.0-litre Clean Diesel added
– Standard LED taillights, gloss black grille with vertical chrome strips, two-tone exterior side mirror housing, additional wood inlay on passenger side dash
– Navigation system now voice-controlled
– Optional bi-xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights and turn signals optional on 3.6 and TDI
– 4.2 adds chrome strips on door sill covers and bumpers, skid plate painted in contrast colour
– Premium models add ambient lighting in all four doors
– Exterior colours: Orca Black Metallic, Graphite Grey Metallic, and Teak Brown Metallic added; Phantom Black Pearl Effect, Quartz Grey Metallic, Calla White, Bahia Beige, Garnet Red Pearl Effect and Condor Grey Metallic deleted
– Interior colour: Espresso Brown added
For 2010, the Audi Q7 is available with a 3.0-litre Clean Diesel engine, in addition to the existing V6 and V8 gasoline engines. Other changes are mostly cosmetic: taillights are now LED, the single-frame grille is gloss black with chrome strips, and the 4.2 model adds exterior chrome. The navigation system is upgraded to a 3G MMI system, which includes voice control. New options include bi-xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lamps, while the available Premium models receive ambient lighting in all four doors.
The Audi Q7 comes with a choice of three engines: 3.6-litre direct injection V6, 3.0-litre turbocharged direct injection diesel, and 4.2-litre direct injection V8. All use a six-speed automatic with manual shift mode, and all use Quattro all-wheel drive, with a torque split of 42:58. The 3.6-litre and TDI come in base and Premium models, while the 4.2-litre comes in a single trim line. A third row of seats is optional on the 3.6 and TDI, and standard on the 4.2.
Features on the 3.6 include 18-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, tire pressure monitoring system, Servotronic speed-sensitive steering, tilt and telescopic column, heated washer nozzles, privacy glass, front and rear fog lights, LED taillights, automatic headlamps, cruise control, power mirrors, illuminated vanity mirrors, leather-wrapped multifunction wheel, heated leather seats with 12-way driver power adjustment, storage tray under front passenger seat, 40/20/40 split-folding rear seat, front and rear floor mats, aluminum interior trim, folding front centre armrest, rain-sensing wipers, anti-theft alarm, and six-CD/MP3 stereo with prewiring for satellite radio.
The 3.6 Premium adds self-levelling bi-xenon headlamps with washers, LED daytime running lights, power liftgate, auto-dimming exterior mirrors, advanced parking system with rearview camera, two-position driver’s side memory, heated wheel, 12-way power passenger seat, heated rear seats, genuine wood interior trim, split centre armrest, auto-dimming mirror with compass, driver information display, and Bluetooth connectivity.
The TDI and TDI Premium are outfitted similarly, but the TDI Premium can be optioned with an adjustable air suspension.
The 4.2 adds 20-inch alloy wheels, power tilt and telescopic wheel with automatic entry feature, three-pane panoramic sunroof with front tilt/retract glass and rear tilt glass, adaptive front lights, garage door opener, manual rear sunshades, Audi Side Assist, advanced keyless entry with pushbutton start, 50/50 third-row folding seat, wooden gearshift knob, eight-colour driver information display, navigation system, Bose premium surround sound, Sirius satellite radio, and music player interface.