NEW FOR 2009:
– New Flying Spur Speed sedan
– Flying Spur receives new front and rear styling, improved sound-deadening, revised springs and dampers, new Pirelli tires, seat piping, and optional Adaptive Cruise Control and "Naim for Bentley" 1,100-watt audio system
– GT and GTC models receive standard Park Distance Control with front and rear cameras, and optional Adaptive Cruise Control, "Naim for Bentley" stereo, and iPod interface
– New optional 20-inch, seven-spoke two-piece alloy sports wheels on the Mulliner Driving Specification package
– Carbon ceramic brakes available with 20-inch wheel packages
– Exterior colours: Havana, White Sand and Onyx added
– Interior colours: Imperial Blue and Linen added
Following the 2008 introduction of the GT Speed Coupe, the Bentley Continental range now includes the Flying Spur Speed Sedan, offering the same 600-horsepower performance, lowered ride height, tuned suspension and unique design cues. The Flying Spur sedan receives a more upright grille, revised lower air intake and new rear bumper, along with more sound-deadening materials and retuned exhaust; all models receive new optional equipment as well.
The Continental line-up includes the Flying Spur and Flying Spur Speed sedans; the GT and GT Speed coupe; and the GTC convertible. All use a 6.0-litre twin-turbocharged V12 that makes 552 horsepower in the regular models and 600 horsepower in the Speed ratings. All use a six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode, and all are all-wheel drive.
Features include 19-inch wheels on the GT, GTC and Flying Spur, and 20-inch wheels on the GT Speed and Flying Spur Speed, along with bi-Xenon headlamps with washers, tire pressure monitoring system, power-folding heated mirrors, rain-sensing wipers, full premium leather interior with matching carpets and seatbelts, DVD satellite navigation, six-CD stereo, Sirius Satellite radio, Bluetooth hands-free telephone system, heated massaging seats, multi-zone climate control, multifunction steering wheel, garage door opener, and rearview camera.
While all of the Continental models provide wonderful driving experiences, the Speed models go above and beyond, offering acceleration from zero to 96 km/h in 4.3 seconds, lowered ride height, optional ceramic brakes and a "dynamic" mode on the electronic stability program for more spirited motoring.