NEW FOR 2008:
– Optional iPod preparation, perforated leather steering wheel and winter tires
– Optional USB interface can be exchanged for CD loader
– Roadster soft top available in new dark blue or grey
– Carbon kit enhanced with carbon weave on the lower part of the steering wheel and gear levers (when ordered with E-gear)
– Warranty upgraded to 3 years/unlimited kilometres
For 2008, the Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 coupe and roadster receive new optional equipment. The warranty on both models is upgraded from 2 yrs/40,000 km to 3 years with unlimited kilometres.
The Murciélago uses a 6.5-litre V12, mated to a six-speed manual transmission or optional "E-gear" sequential transmission with paddle-shift controls. Its chassis is a tubular frame made from high-strength steel alloy and structural parts formed from carbon fibre; the body is steel and carbon fibre. Top speed is 340 km/h and it will accelerate from zero to 100 km/h in a mere 3.4 seconds.
The roadster accelerates just as quickly, but tops out at 330 km/h. It shares the coupe’s features but includes a soft roof that is meant strictly for temporary use, such as a rain shower: the company insists that it shouldn’t be up at speeds over 200 km/h.