NEW FOR 2008:
– New M45x model with all-wheel drive
– Revised front and rear fascia, grille, rear fender panels, deck lid and taillight design, new chrome accents and new 18- and 19-inch wheels
– New white instrument panel lighting with violet accents and white and violet interior lighting
– Standard XM Satellite Radio
– Available Lane Departure Prevention system
– Upgraded Hard Drive Navigation System with touch screen, 9.3-GB Music Box and available XM NavTraffic
– M45 Sport model receives unique exterior and interior styling, Rear Active Steer and 19-inch sport wheels and tires
– Interior colour: Stone added
For 2008, the Infiniti M35 and M45 receive several enhancements, including a new M45x model that uses Infiniti’s ATTESA E-TS all-wheel drive system. The new model complements the M35x all-wheel drive sedan.
The M series, which Infiniti calls its luxury performance sedan, is available as the M35, with 3.5-litre V6, and as the M45, with 4.5-litre V8. Both models use a five-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode that matches revs on downshifts. Both are now available in rear- or all-wheel drive.
With the addition of the M45x, available in Luxury or Touring trim, the rear-wheel drive M45 is now sold only as the Sport package.
Features on the M35 and M35x include 18-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, self-levelling Xenon headlamps, heated mirrors with auto-dimming driver’s side and reverse tilt-down, power sunroof, ten-way power leather climate-controlled seats, auto-dimming rearview mirror, garage door opener, African Rosewood trim accents, six-CD/MP3 stereo with XM Satellite Radio, cruise control, rain-sensing wipers, 7-inch LCD driver information display, power tilt and telescopic steering column, Intelligent Key with pushbutton start, Bluetooth hands-free cellular telephone system, and tire pressure monitoring system.
The M45x adds Bose surround-sound stereo with Music Box hard drive, iPod interface, rearview monitor, intelligent cruise control, navigation system with XM Real-Time Traffic, and lane departure warning and prevention system.
The M45 adds 19-inch wheels with performance tires, sport-bolstered seats, sport-trimmed steering wheel, aluminum trim and pedals, sport-tuned suspension and rear active-steer.
Based on the FM (front-midship) architecture used on the G35 and FX, the M has some 60 per cent of its components enhanced for the company’s premium sedan. The M45’s rear active-steer adjusts the geometry of the rear suspension, according to steering input and vehicle speed, to enhance low-speed manoeuvres and high-speed stability. Base MSRP drops considerably over 2007 levels, making this well-done model even more appealing.