NEW FOR 2008:
– New 302-hp direct-injected 3.6-litre V6 with fully-electronic six-speed automatic transmission
– Refreshed styling includes dual-textured multi-faceted grille, lower front fascia with new intake, narrower side marker lamps and side air extractors, chrome-plated door handles, lower rocker mouldings, body-coloured rear fascia and polished aluminum three-inch exhaust tips
– New Platinum Edition
– New Performance Handling Package with StabiliTrak with active front steering, four-piston Brembo brakes and 18-inch chrome-plated alloy wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport summer tires
– Available Lane Departure Warning Alert and Side Blind Zone Alert systems
– High-intensity discharge headlamps (HID) and head-up display (HUD) available on V6
– IntelliBeam headlamps switch from high to low beam when vehicles approach or when vehicle is approaching taillamps
– Available polished 18×8 aluminum 14-spoke wheels with W-rated Michelins in front and all-season radials in rear
For 2008, the Cadillac STS undergoes numerous changes, including refreshed styling and a new V6 engine that raises horsepower from 255 to 302 hp, mated to a new fully-electronic six-speed automatic transmission that replaces the five-speed used in 2007.
The STS is available with a choice of three engines: the 3.6-litre V6, a 4.6-litre Northstar V8, and in the STS-V, a supercharged 4.4-litre Northstar V8. All come with six-speed automatic transmissions with manual shift mode. All are rear-wheel drive; the V6 and V8 can be optioned to all-wheel drive, while the STS-V is strictly rear-wheel.
Features on the STS V6 include 17-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, fog lights, heated mirrors with driver’s side auto-dimming, variable intermittent wipers, aluminum interior accents, cruise control, tire pressure monitoring system, auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass, leather-wrapped wheel with audio controls and power tilt and telescopic, heated eight-way leather seats, fixed rear seat with pass-through, CD/MP3 stereo with XM Satellite Radio, rear parking assist, wiper-activated headlamps and OnStar.
The STS V8 adds rain-sensing wipers, interior wood accents, rear-seat climate controls, heated wheel, cargo net, garage door opener, driver’s side memory, front seat power lumbar, heated rear seats, performance brake system, automatic rear-level control suspension, and six-CD/MP3 stereo.
The STS-V adds 18- and 19-inch alloy wheels, rear deck spoiler, power sunroof, heated washer nozzles, olive wood interior accents, leather-trimmed instrument panel, heated wheel with aluminum accents, premium CD/MP3 stereo, Bluetooth hands-free capability, DVD-based navigation system, Brembo brake package, Servotronic II performance steering gear system, high-performance tuned suspension, Xenon headlamps with IntelliBeam system, lane departure warning system, and side blind zone alert system.
Combining attractive styling with good handling and a well-done interior, the STS benefits even more from its new V6 engine, and especially from a smooth six-speed transmission. Front-seat passengers enjoy plenty of room, rear-seat riders less so, but like many sports sedans, the STS is a driver’s vehicle. The STS-V is a considerable step up in price, but with a longer line of standard features and with blistering performance that’s tempered with steering ability and braking capacity that can easily handle the supercharged power.