MARKHAM, Ontario – Originally launched in February 2010, the sixth generation Hyundai Sonata quickly became one of the best-selling intermediate sedans in Canada. For the 2013 model year, the Sonata adopts new equipment and a re-vamped pricing structure.
Chief among the line-up changes for 2013 is the addition of a new 2.4 SE model. Slotting in between the mid-level GLS and range-topping Limited, the 2.4 SE features items such as leather seating, 18-inch alloy wheels, dual exhaust tips, and a stiffer suspension calibration borrowed from the Sonata 2.0T. What’s more, thanks to the freer breathing provided by the dual exhaust outlets, output climbs by 2 horsepower and 2 lb-ft of torque to 200 and 186, respectively. It will be priced at $27,399.
Elsewhere in the line-up, 2.4 and 2.0T Limited with Navigation trim levels now feature a 400-watt Infinity® premium audio system with 9 speakers and an external amplifier. To better reflect consumer demand, the 2.4 GL manual and base 2.0T trim levels have been discontinued for 2013.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2013 SONATA
▪ New 2.4 SE trim level builds on GLS model by adding:
– 18-inch alloy wheels
– Sport-tuned suspension
– Dual exhaust (increases horsepower and torque (lb-ft) by 2 each)
– Leather seating surfaces with simulated leather door trim
– Chrome inside door handles
– MSRP of $27,399 (+$1,400 above GLS)
▪ 2.4 and 2.0T Limited with Navigation models receive 400-watt Infinity® premium audio system with 9 speakers and external amplifier
▪ 2.4 and 2.0T Limited models now feature traditional power sunroof
▪ Pricing adjusted across model range to increase value:
– 2.4 GL MSRP now $23,999 ($300 reduction)
– 2.4 GLS MSRP now $25,999 ($500 reduction)
– 2.4 Limited MSRP now $28,999 ($900 reduction)
– 2.4 Limited w/ Navi MSRP now $31,399 ($300 reduction)
– 2.0T Limited MSRP now $31,799 ($600 reduction)
▪ 2.4 GL 6MT and base 2.0T trim levels discontinued for 2013