caption. Click image to enlarge
2012 Lexus LF-A
Toronto, Ontario – Canadian enthusiasts will be offered a rare opportunity to see the limited edition Lexus LFA performance car at the Toronto auto show as just ten LFA models will be coming to Canada, all pre-sold.
“The LFA will be a stand-out vehicle on roads and race tracks when deliveries begin this spring,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “But the engineering behind the LFA also sets the stage for future vehicles throughout the Lexus portfolio. The LFA demonstrates our ability to push the limits of advanced technology to deliver an emotionally-gripping combination of thrilling performance, dynamic control and passionate design.”
The two-seater LFA expresses a uniquely Lexus approach to designing and engineering the 21st Century super car. Its many innovations include:
– super lightweight construction featuring a unique carbon fibre reinforced plastic made possible by a special carbon fibre loom developed in-house by Lexus engineers and builds on Toyota’s rich history of loom design.
– a 552-horsepower 4.8-litre V10 that delivers 90 per cent of its peak torque between 3,700 r.p.m. and 9,000 r.p.m., hand-built by a single engineer and bearing his signature.
– blistering acceleration of 0-100 km/h in 3.7 seconds and a top speed of 375 km/h.
– the world’s first Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) airbag mounted in the seatbelt.
– a unique personalization process that offers over a million possible combinations, during which LFA guests can choose from an incredible selection of options, including 30 exterior colours, 12 interior colours plus a variety of stitching options, leather or Alcantara seat materials and a choice of wheel and brake caliper colour options.
– an exclusive ownership experience through Lexus, including special events such as a tour of the LFA Works in Motomachi, Japan, and much more.
Lexus craftspeople will build only 500 LFAs at the rate of 20 per month.