November 29, 2012
LOS ANGELES, California – The production version of the new three-row, six/seven-passenger Santa Fe XL made its world debut today at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show, joining the 215 millimetre shorter two-row, five-passenger Santa Fe which has been on sale since August. The all-new Santa Fe XL features a high-output Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) V6 engine and a host of features providing exceptional functionality, versatility, and comfort. Pricing will be announced closer to the vehicle’s on-sale date in early 2013.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2013 SANTA FE XL
▪ Bold “Fluidic Sculpture” styling
▪ Lambda II 3.3-litre GDI V6 engine
- 290 horsepower, 252 lb-ft of torque
- 2,268 kg (5,000 lb) maximum towing capacity
- The only mid-size CUV with standard Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI)
▪ 6-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC® manual mode
▪ 215 mm longer than the 5-passenger Santa Fe
▪ Driver Selectable Steering Mode (DSSM) system
▪ Advanced All-Wheel Drive (AWD) system with Active Cornering Control (ACC)
▪ Seven airbags including driver’s knee airbag
▪ Long list of available premium features
- Heated steering wheel, heated front and rear seats, ventilated front seats
- Power-adjustable front seats with Integrated Memory System (IMS)
- Panoramic sunroof
- Power liftgate
▪ Seven-passenger seating with 40:20:40 split-folding, sliding, and reclining second-row bench seat or six-passenger seating with second row captain’s chairs
▪ 50:50 flat folding third row seats
▪ 145 kg lighter than the outgoing Veracruz, 108 kg lighter than the all-new Nissan Pathfinder
Hyundai designers crafted the two-row Santa Fe and three-row Santa Fe XL together, with the signature differentiating element being the side window shape. The larger Santa Fe XL features a shape that highlights the increased passenger and cargo room behind the third-row seat. Santa Fe XL also features its own bodyside character lines from the B-pillar back, a unique grille design, new alloy wheels, dual chrome asymmetrical exhaust outlets integrated into the rear bumper, and a flush-mounted tow hitch design.
Santa Fe XL
|V6 engine||3.3L GDI||3.5L MPI||3.5L MPI||3.5L MPI|
|Horsepower @ RPM||290 @ 6,400||270 @ 6,200||260 @ 6,400||250 @ 5,700|
|Torque @ RPM (lb-ft)||252 @ 5,200||248 @ 4,700||240 @ 4,400||253 @ 4,800|
|Specific output (Horsepower per litre)||87.9||77.1||74.3||71.4|
|Base curb weight (kg)||1,790||1,895||1,898||1,956|
|Power-to-weight ratio (kg/horsepower)||6.17||7.02||7.30||7.82|
|Towing capacity (kg)||2,268||2,268||2,268||1,590|
All Santa Fe models come equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC® manual mode that can adapt quickly to deliver smooth shifts and fuel efficient operation throughout the rev range. An automatic transmission warmer is included to keep the transmission fluid at optimal temperature, improving real-world fuel economy. Additionally, all models feature an ActiveECO system that modifies engine and transmission control to smooth out throttle response and increase real-world fuel economy by five to seven percent.
The Santa Fe XL rides on a 2,800 millimetre wheelbase, 100 millimetres longer than that of the five-passenger Santa Fe. Other key dimensional differences are found throughout.
|2013 Santa Fe (5-passenger)||
2013 Santa Fe XL
|Overall length (mm)||4,690||4,905|
|Overall width – without mirrors (mm)||1,880||1,885|
|Overall height – including roof rails (mm)||1,680||1,700|
|Total interior volume||4,058||4,531|
No related posts.