April 5, 2012
New York, N.Y. – Chrysler unveiled the new Ram 1500 today and is claiming it will have best-in-class fuel economy with a truckload of pioneering, fuel-saving systems including a more fuel efficient and more powerful 3.6-liter V-6 engine, eight-speed automatic transmission, stop-start system, thermal management system, pulse-width modulation and active aerodynamics, including grille shutters and air suspension.
“The new 2013 Ram 1500 is the most capable, best-looking half-ton pickup in the world and delivers best-in-class fuel efficiency, new technology and new features while upgrading the interior and exterior,” said Fred Diaz, President and CEO of Ram Truck Brand and Chrysler de Mexico — Chrysler Group LLC. “We changed every area of the truck – from a newly designed frame with air suspension, to a new eight-speed transmission to a new interior with the next-generation Uconnect® system.
“With best-in-class towing and payload, best-in-class ride and handling and best-in-class aerodynamics, the 2013 Ram 1500 delivers unmatched content, performance and capability to our customers,” Diaz added.
Highlights of the new model include:
- New 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine features 42 percent more horsepower, 13 percent more torque and at least 20 percent better fuel economy when compared to the previous 3.7-liter V-6 powertrain
- 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 with Fuel Saver Technology and variable-valve timing provides 395 horsepower, 407 lb.-ft. of torque and at least 10 percent better fuel economy when compared to 2012 V-8 powertrain
- Eight-speed automatic transmission (TorqueFlite 8), standard equipment with 3.6-liter V-6 Pentastar, doubles the amount of gears compared to previously available four-speed automatic transmission to greatly improve fuel economy
- New eight-speed also available with the 5.7-liter V-8 HEMI – the Company’s first application with a V-8 (TorqueFlite 8 late availability)
- New TorqueFlite 8 operated by an innovative dash-mounted, rotary e-shift design
- Fuel Saving Technology: eight-speed automatic transmission, stop-start, thermal management system, pulse-width modulation and active aerodynamics, including grille shutters and air suspension
- Class-exclusive air suspension enhances fuel economy, improves ride control and off-road capability along with improved ingress/egress and loading, and features automatic load leveling
- New exterior design cues including all-new grille/fascia, improved quad projection headlamps and LED front turn signals and taillamps
- Best-in-class aerodynamics, coefficient of drag (Cd) at 0.363
- New, upgraded interior features include: standard and premium vehicle information center, passive entry, Keyless Enter ’n Go, steering wheel and controls, wood accents, updated door panels, instrument panel, interior colors and premium materials
- All-new, next-generation Uconnect® Access debuts on the 2013 Ram 1500
- Uconnect Access combines a new lineup of smart Media Centers with a powerful new wireless platform
- With Uconnect Access, Ram 1500 owners will have alternative ways to access new connected services and applications via the vehicle’s 8.4-inch touchscreen display or the web
- Next generation Uconnect system is designed to be forward-thinking, providing the freedom to upgrade to the latest features and services
- Voice-recognition technology, steering wheel controls, touchscreen displays and traditional controls provide Ram 1500 customers with a variety of ways to interact with their mobile phones, music, navigation system and applications
- Ram 1500 now available with a premium, customizable, full-color 7-inch vehicle information center
- Addition of Powernet vehicle architecture system allows new content with improved data speeds
- Chrysler Group offers Ram 1500 customers expanded Sirius XM Radio channel lineup, with exclusive programming including new SiriusXM Latino channels, an automotive industry first
- New remote central locking RamBox® cargo management system and tailgate combined with door locks
- New rain sensing wipers, SmartBeam® headlamps, power folding mirrors and power sliding rear window with defrost
- Best-in-class powertrain warranty – 5 years/100,000 miles
No related posts.