November 14, 2012
CHICAGO, IL - The Chicago Auto Show launched a completely redesigned and refreshed website today in anticipation of the 105th edition of the nation’s largest auto show. Aligned with the Chicago Auto Show’s initiative to remain at the forefront of industry innovation and provide fans with the best possible experience, the new website offers an unparalleled preview of the show and a premier virtual auto show experience.
The refreshed destination raises the bar with new daily image galleries, a comprehensive listing of vehicles on display and integrated social media content from the Chicago Auto Show’s official blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channels. Consumer favorites return from last year including user-controlled webcams with a live-streaming capability and unmatched virtual tour experience, provided by 360Revo. Staple elements also remain such as show floor maps, online ticket purchase, detailed directions and a newsroom for registered media. Together these elements form a winning combination that engages visitors year-round.
“Fans across the globe can now experience the nation’s largest auto show through interactive and engaging features as if they were physically perusing the show floor,” said Michael Ettleson, 2013 Chicago Auto Show chairman. “Chicago Auto Show fans expect a superior show experience and we continuously strive to surpass expectations.”
Key features of ChicagoAutoShow.com include:
- About the Show: includes directions, show dates and times, interactive displays, special guest appearances and more.
- First Look for Charity: the online home for the show’s signature charity fundraiser, visitors can learn more about the event, purchase tickets and even find discounts on tuxedo rentals.
- Multimedia: the Chicago Auto Show comes to life with a virtual tour, photo galleries, more than 140 videos and webcams while providing the latest news via its official blog.
- Vehicles on Display: the most comprehensive listing of the new 2013 and 2014 models, concept cars and new-product reveals.
- Media, Sponsor and Exhibitor microsites: exclusive content for media members, potential and current sponsors and exhibitors.
- Show History: the Chicago Auto Show has a robust history, and the story is told here with a series of classic photos beginning in 1901.
“We’re proud of many things, but the Chicago Auto Show History and Vehicles on Display sections are insurmountable, and we fulfill photos requests year-round,” said Ettleson. “We’re confident in stating there is no other show in the nation that has recorded its history as we have. With a robust history like the Chicago Auto Show, we wanted to capture the memorable moments and vehicles dating all the way back to the show’s inception in 1901.”
Source: PRNewswire / Chicago Auto Show