July 3, 2013
Stingray coupe will start at $52,745 and convertible at $58,245 before destination and taxes.
The new Corvette is almost upon us with new features like Active Rev Matching, Drive Mode Selector, and a power retractable top using the key fob. And now it has a price: $52,745 before $1700 destination charge and applicable taxes and fees. If you prefer the wind of the open road to brush by your hairless scalp, be prepared to shell out $58,245 for the drop top.
The real meat is in the Z51 package – including high-performance transmission with cooling, larger 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels and tires, improved brakes, electronic limited-slip differential cooling, unique chassis tuning, and Magnetic Ride Control. This package will set you back $56,520 on the 1LT or $64,975 on the 3LT. It also comes with a 0-60mph time of under four seconds.
Press release and details below.
OSHAWA, Ont. – The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe will have a suggested starting retail price of $52,745 and the Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $58,245. Both prices exclude a $1,700 destination fee, taxes, title, and license fees.
“The 2014 Corvette Stingray delivers a combination of performance, design and technology that very few manufacturers can match, and none can even come close for under $53,000,” said Rob Assimakopoulos, general director of marketing and communications for Chevrolet in Canada. “The new Corvette Stingray perfectly embodies Chevrolet’s mission to deliver more than expected for our customers and signals that we are ready to grow Corvette sales in Canada by providing our customers with a performance value equation that is second to none in the industry.”
Standard features on the all-new 2014 Corvette Stingray include:
- Seating with lightweight magnesium frames for exceptional support, and 8-way power adjustment
- Five-position Drive Mode Selector that tailors up to 12 vehicle attributes
- New seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching
- 6.2L LT1 V-8 engine with direct injection, Active Fuel Management, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system
- Carbon fiber hood on all models, and a carbon fiber removable roof panel on coupes
- Aluminum frame that is 99 pounds lighter (40 kg) and 57 percent stiffer than previous model’s structure
- Advanced high-intensity discharge (HID) and light-emitting diode (LED) lighting
- Dual, eight-inch configurable driver/infotainment screens, with next-generation Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system and rear vision camera
- Bose 9-speaker audio system with SiriusXM radio, Bluetooth connectivity, USB and SD card and auxiliary input jack
- Keyless access with push-button start
- Power tilt/telescope steering wheel
- An all-new, fully electronic top on the convertibles, that can be lowered remotely using the key fob
The return of the Stringray brings with it an incredible value story for Canadian Corvette customers and enthusiasts. The Z51 Performance Package on the 1LT trim starts at $56,520 and the Z51 3LT trim starts at $64,975, both exceptional performance values. Both prices exclude a $1,700 destination fee, taxes, title, and license fees.
The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 Performance Package includes: high-performance gear ratios; transmission-cooling system; larger 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels and tires; larger, slotted rotors and brake-cooling ducts; Performance Traction Management; electronic limited-slip differential and differential cooling system; unique chassis tuning; and available Magnetic Ride Control active-handling system with Performance Traction management. Equipped with the Z51 package, the Corvette Stingray is capable of accelerating from 0 – 60 mph in under four seconds, and more than 1 g in cornering.
The 3LT interior package includes: Bose, 10-speaker surround-sound audio system; SiriusXM radio with one-year subscription and HD radio receiver; colour head-up display; memory package; navigation system; heated and ventilated seats with power lumbar and bolster adjustment; premium Napa leather seating surfaces; and leather-wrapped dash and instrument panel, console and door panels.