Powered by a 1.5L gas engine combined with a hybrid drivetrain, the Concept Active Tourer Outdoor is an MPV wearing a fancy kidney grille.
BMW is showing off a refreshed concept for something called the “OutDoor Friedrichshafen Fair”. It must be important, as BMW is taking a concept there. Or maybe not, since it is an old concept we have already seen before with a slight warming over.
The concept is meant to highlight utility in a small package for “active lifestyles”, showing “how interior space can be cleverly utilized for sport and leisure purposes.”
Or you could buy a Kia Rondo and put the seats down.
Short press release and images below.
The BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor will take to the stage at the OutDoor Friedrichshafen fair, treating the premium compact segment to another view of how interior space can be cleverly utilised for sport and leisure purposes. This concept car presents solutions that take a fresh route to combining sporting aesthetics and style with sustainable drive technology, compact dimensions and functionality. The environmentally friendly plug-in hybrid drive system, bringing together a combustion engine and an electric motor to provide a very special form of power delivery, ensures efficiency of the highest order.
- Compact dimensions, sporty design with generous levels of interior space. Variable rear compartment designed to accommodate sports and leisure equipment.
- Transversely mounted 1.5-litre petrol engine with front-wheel drive. New plug-in hybrid (PHEV) drive concept combines the benefits of an electric motor and the attributes of a traditional combustion engine to outstanding effect.
- Exclusive Gold Race Orange exterior paintwork accentuates the sporting appearance of the BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor.
- Easy-care, hard-wearing interior materials, such as MoonWhite and MoonRock Grey leather, stand up well to contact with outdoor equipment.
- A carrier system for two bicycles (integrated into the interior) and other clever details make the BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor the ideal companion for active recreational sports enthusiasts.