All-new TLX luxury sedan to start at $34,990, arrives in August
When the all-new 2015 Acura TLX arrives at dealers in August, the luxury sedan will sport a starting price of $34,990 in Canada.
“Acura customers have patiently waited for the all-new TLX and we’re delighted to announce the arrival of a vehicle characterized by a perfect blend of incredible performance, technology and luxury,” said Dave Gardner, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Acura Canada.
“The TLX heralds a new era for the Acura brand and we are excited to begin the process of getting our current and new customers behind the wheel in fact, we are introducing a special two-year, complimentary TLX maintenance package for Canadian customers as part of a pre-sale campaign leading up to the launch.”
The base TLX, powered by a 2.4-litre four-cylinder engine with 206 hp, is mated to a brand new 8-speed dual clutch gearbox with torque converter and will go on sale for the $34,990 starting price. Technology Package equipped 2.4-litre models will start at $38,690.
Increasing cylinder count and displacement to the 3.5-litre V6 engine with 290 hp, prices will start at $41,290 with the Technology Package. Fully loaded Elite Package models will sticker for $47,490.
Full press release below.
Acura Announces Canadian Launch and Pricing of 2015 TLX Performance Luxury Sedan
- All-new 2015 TLX available at Acura dealerships this August
- TLX pricing starts at $34,990
- Pre-sale campaign launches July 4, 2014
Markham, ON – Acura today announced that the all-new 2015 TLX performance luxury sedan will arrive in Canadian dealerships this August with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) starting at $34,9901.
“Acura customers have patiently waited for the all-new TLX and we’re delighted to announce the arrival of a vehicle characterized by a perfect blend of incredible performance, technology and luxury,” said Dave Gardner, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Acura Canada. “The TLX heralds a new era for the Acura brand and we are excited to begin the process of getting our current and new customers behind the wheel in fact, we are introducing a special two-year, complimentary TLX maintenance package for Canadian customers as part of a pre-sale campaign leading up to the launch.”
2015 Acura TLX
The all-new 2015 TLX was designed to deliver a unique and compelling blend of sports-sedan athleticism and premium luxury refinement, appealing to a broad cross-section of luxury sports-sedan customers with a wide range of powertrain and drivetrain options. The TLX lineup features three distinct model offerings that carry a long list of standard luxury comfort, convenience and safety features. All TLX models can be upgraded to the Technology Package and the V-6 models are available with the line-topping Elite Package.
The three model variations feature two Acura-exclusive, high-output direct-injected i-VTEC® engines, two advanced transmissions and two unique dynamic handling systems.
- The Acura TLX with a 2.4-litre 16-valve, 4-cylinder engine producing 206 horsepower2 is mated to an all-new 8-speed dual-clutch transmission (8DCT) with torque converter. The 2.4-litre TLX has an MSRP of $34,990 – less than the outgoing TSX it replaces. The TLX Technology Package has an MSRP of $38,690. For handling prowess, it features the latest iteration of Acura’s Precision All-Wheel Steer (P-AWS).
- The Acura TLX with a 3.5-litre 24-valve V-6 delivering 290-horsepower3 is mated to a new 9-speed automatic transmission (9AT) and will be available with both P-AWS and Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®). The two-wheel-drive model with P-AWS is available starting with the Technology Package at an MSRP of $41,690 – $1,800 less than the outgoing 2014 TL Technology package model. The Elite Package is priced at $45,290.
- Sharing the same 3.5-litre dynamic powertrain as the two-wheel-drive model, the all-wheel drive TLX SH-AWD features a new hydraulically controlled version of Acura’s acclaimed torque vectoring SH-AWD and starts at $39,990. This starting price is an incredible $4,000 below the outgoing 2014 TL with SH-AWD. The Technology Package will be available for an MSRP of $43,890 and the Elite Package will be $47,490.
The 2.4-litre model will arrive in Canada beginning in August. The 3.5-litre P-AWS model and the 3.5-litre SH-AWD model will follow at a later date.
Super Handling Technology
The latest iterations of Acura super-handling technologies, P-AWS and SH-AWD, along with Agile Handling Assist (AHA), help make the TLX the most dynamically advanced Acura ever produced; quick and responsive in sporty driving, stable and sure-footed in emergency maneuvers, and calm and quiet during long-distance cruising.
- The new P-AWS system was integrated into the fundamental chassis design from the earliest stages of development, allowing engineers to take full advantage of its independent left and right rear-wheel toe angle control to enhance handling precision, maneuverability and stability.
- The next-generation SH-AWD system is 25 per cent lighter and friction is substantially reduced. The new rear-drive unit is constantly overdriven by 2.7-per cent (compared to 1.7 per cent on the previous system), with a greater torque-vectoring effect across a broader spectrum of driving situations, further enhancing cornering capability at lower speeds and in tighter-radius corners.
All TLX models also feature the latest development of Acura’s Integrated Dynamics System (IDS), which allows drivers to customize their driving experience through four selectable modes; ECON, Normal, Sport and Sport+. Depending on the setting, IDS will adjust power-steering effort, throttle response, transmission shift logic, HVAC system operation, active sound control and the control logic for either the P-AWS or SH-AWD systems. The new Sport+ mode, a first for Acura, unlocks the full performance potential of the TLX with the most aggressive settings in all areas.
The TLX equipped with the 2.4-litre engine is expected to receive a fuel-economy rating of 9.6/6.6/8.34 L/100km city/highway/combined. The TLX two-wheel-drive with the 3.5-litre V-6 has a fuel-economy rating of 11.2/6.9/9.34 L/100km (a 5%/15% improvement in city/highway versus the outgoing two-wheel-drive 2014 TL5). The TLX SH-AWD has a fuel-economy rating of 11.2/7.5/9.54 (a 12%/17% improvement in city/highway versus the outgoing 2014 TL SH-AWD5).
Unlike other luxury vehicles in its class, the TLX offers a number of compelling features as standard equipment across the TLX lineup, including Jewel Eye™ LED headlights, Smart Entry and pushbutton ignition, rearview camera, Hill Start Assist, power moonroof, dual-zone automatic climate control, and a 10-way power driver seat including 2-way power lumbar support and 2-position memory. Further, the TLX Tech and Elite trim levels add a host of available features, including Premium Milano leather-trimmed interior, a remote engine starter, heated rear seats, a heated steering wheel, LED fog lights, and more. The 2015 Acura TLX will also be available with a suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies, including the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow and Blind Spot Indicator (BSI).
Design and Packaging
The TLX’s lithe new exterior design features taut body surfaces, dynamically sculpted fender arches, and purposeful character lines. Its sporting appeal is further highlighted by its more compact sports-sedan proportions (97mm shorter in overall length than the 2014 TL) and Acura’s signature Jewel Eye™ LED headlights that are standard on all models. The spacious five-passenger interior of the TLX provides a high degree of refinement, luxury and technological sophistication while supporting an exhilarating driving experience.
An abundance of luxury features and technologies is available on the TLX, including ventilated front seats, Acura Navigation System with 3D view, and AcuraLink® Real-Time Traffic™ with Traffic Rerouting. A 7-inch On Demand Multi-Use Display™ (ODMD) touch screen, located in the centre console, controls these and other features, and, with its contextual menus, displays relevant items while minimizing instrument panel clutter.
Also available on the TLX is the next-generation AcuraLink®, Acura’s cloud-based connected car system, offering Acura owners a broad range of cloud-based and embedded convenience, connectivity and available security features. All TLX models also come equipped with Siri Eyes Free technology that, when paired with a compatible iPhone®, allows the driver to control functions using familiar voice commands. Additional standard and available luxury features include one-touch turn signals and power windows, power driver and front passenger seats, GPS-linked automatic climate control, Colour Multi-Information Display (MID) with turn-by-turn guidance, LED accent lighting, and USB connectivity.
In keeping with Acura’s commitment to delivering a world-class audio experience, the TLX can be equipped with a 455-watt, 10-speaker Acura/ELS Studio® Premium Audio System, engineered specifically for the TLX by legendary recording engineer Elliot Scheiner.
Development and Manufacturing
The 2015 TLX was designed, developed and engineered in the U.S. Production of the new TLX and its powertrain will take place at the company’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Marysville, Ohio.6
Special Maintenance Program for Canada
Acura also announced today a two-year complimentary maintenance package7 will be available for customers who sign up for a special pre-sale campaign on acura.ca. Qualified customers that have successfully registered on acura.ca will receive an e-mail confirmation with a “validation PIN” that must be presented to the dealership at the time of purchase. These qualified customers must take delivery of their new Acura TLX by October 31,,2014 in order to redeem the 2-year complimentary maintenance offer. Customers should visit their local Acura dealership for more details.