August 31, 2012
Like the recently unveiled Nissan Altima and Pathfinder, the redesign of Sentra focuses on “class-above” design standards inside and out, as well as efficiency in engineering. The new Sentra is 150 pounds – or five percent – lighter than the outgoing model, yet has slightly larger overall dimensions and more interior room. The lighter and more aerodynamic new Sentra allows Nissan to use a more fuel-efficient 1.8-litre engine, which along with the next generation Xtronic CVT with sub-planetary gear helps deliver a 13 percent improvement in combined fuel economy.
With the CVT models, Sentra achieves up to 4.9 L/100 km on the highway, and achieves a best-in-class* 5.8 L/100 km combined fuel economy (City and Highway).
“The 2013 Nissan Sentra is the most revolutionary design in the nameplate’s 30-year history, a worthy addition to what is without question the most innovative, highest quality, highest value sedan lineup in Nissan history,” said Al Castignetti, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division, Nissan North America, Inc. “With the complete redesign for 2013, Sentra is closer in look and feel to Altima than a typical compact sedan. Like Altima, the new Sentra offers best-in-segment attributes, such as high fuel economy and easy-to-use connectivity, that offer real customer value and convenience.”
The new Sentra has a strong family resemblance to the recently introduced 2013 Nissan Altima, both in exterior and interior styling cues and its “class-above style” against competitive vehicles in the compact sedan segment.
• All-new lightweight design saves up to 150 pounds
• New 1.8-litre engine and next-generation Xtronic CVT® with sub planetary gear for optimal performance and efficiency
• Best-in-class combined fuel economy of 5.8 L/100 km *
• Sophisticated new design with high-end details such as standard LED accented headlamps and tail lamps
• Upscale interior craftsmanship and user-friendly technology
• Available NissanConnectSM with Navigation with Hands-Free Text Messaging Assistant, POIs powered by Google and Google Send-to-Car functions
• On sale at Nissan dealers nationwide this fall
*Based on 2013 Sentra S CVT manufacturer testing and EnerGuide 2012 fuel consumption ratings for the mid-sized vehicle class. Data available on August 9th 2012. Internal combustion engines only. Hybrids and Diesels Excluded. Actual Mileage may vary with driving conditions. Use for comparison only.