Author Topic: Autostart remote starter  (Read 1183 times)

Offline danielle77

• Noob
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS
Autostart remote starter
« on: March 01, 2015, 12:36:54 am »
Ok, I'm in serious need of help here. I just recently bought a 2005 Chevy Cobalt LS. It has the auto start remote start but there was some sort of recall on the ignition so after that was fixed, the remote start no longer works. If any of the buttons on the remote starter are clicked the car alarm goes off and will not turn off. The guy who sold me the car said the dealership told him to take it to Canadian Tire to have it reprogrammed, but when I called them they told me they don't work with this brand of starter. So I did a little research on the Internet and found something about reprogramming it by holding the hood pin down for 4 seconds and then the parking light should come on, etc, etc. So, I tried that method, only when I hold the hood pin down the parking light does not come on, making it so I cannot move on with the next steps, any ideas on what could be wrong or what I can do to make this thing work again!?

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
Re: Autostart remote starter
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 12:12:06 pm »
Electrical problems like this can be a real bugger to sort out, even for good technicians. After-market remote car starters quite often are cheaply constructed and poorly installed. It doesn't take much to screw up a modern car's electrical system.

A shop that specializes in auto electrical systems may be of more help.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken