Author Topic: Honda HR-V to be made larger  (Read 3211 times)

Offline CarFly

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +5/-6
  • Cars: Good times:) Bad investment ;/
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MG Midget, Ford Falcon, Mazda RX-experimental rotary engine, Pontiac Firebird 350, Yamaha 500cc, Yamaha 850cc, Harley-Davidson LowRider 1340cc, VW Beetle, Mazda 3, Pontiac Sunfire 2.4 GT Coupe
Honda HR-V to be made larger
« on: August 26, 2016, 09:51:00 pm »
"Honda is planning to make the HR-V larger and also make the CR-V proportionately larger." This interests me because I would buy a HR-V (AWD) if it only had a bit more hp. I have a friend who has one and loves it just as it is, apparently its very capable and nice to drive.

It was thought that Honda would not increase the hp on the HR-V because it may start to compete with it's CR-V, but if they make them both proportionately larger there is no conflict… I suppose.

A friend who works for a Honda dealership tipped me off about this, he said that there is an article on the net or in a car magazine about this, but I have not found it as yet  :-\

Any insights on this ???
LETS' DO THE "TIME WARP"... AGAIN!!!

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: Honda HR-V to be made larger
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 07:34:07 am »
Poor original design then...I found it cramped inside...FAIL.They build space àge`Fits with all sorts of tricks then drop the ball on the HRV :think: trying to rush into the CUV segment  Burnt fingers syndrome
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline CarFly

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MG Midget, Ford Falcon, Mazda RX-experimental rotary engine, Pontiac Firebird 350, Yamaha 500cc, Yamaha 850cc, Harley-Davidson LowRider 1340cc, VW Beetle, Mazda 3, Pontiac Sunfire 2.4 GT Coupe
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 04:29:12 pm »
Poor original design then...I found it cramped inside...FAIL.They build space àge`Fits with all sorts of tricks then drop the ball on the HRV :think: trying to rush into the CUV segment  Burnt fingers syndrome
Quite a few manufactures have fallen short when it comes to "smaller sized SUVs" some of them seem underpowered, some look quite "odd" and some get a terrible review from the Consumers Report Buyers Guide for reliability. I thought that if anyone could get it right, Honda would.
I suppose we shall see, when there are more of them on the road and more reviews come in ???

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 05:47:57 pm »
Just squeeze the Golf GTI 2 litre WITH the VW DSG in there...or the same thing reverse engineered by Honda and it would be fine.    Just a bit more power.  Don't bother with the AWD variant...just a bit more power.

OR    Give it up altogether and sell a licence for the back seat design to VW and put it in the Tig or the Golf wagon

Mrs tpl needs some kind of automatic ( to her great disgust) and those Fit rear seats make it easy for her to get her walker in there.   But she complains that the Fit doesn't have the get up and go for her.

I suppose a turbo kit for the Fit.... would do it
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 08:41:36 pm »

Or have Honda drop in the 1.5T and call it the Fit SI. It would get my interest.

Offline CarFly

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 09:13:10 pm »
Yep… The Fit SI, thats' the SUV for me!!!

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12352
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 09:23:40 pm »

Or have Honda drop in the 1.5T and call it the Fit SI. It would get my interest.

Seems like a no brainer to me. Drop an existing  engine into an existing model. Turbo fit would be a hoot and a half.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline CarFly

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 10:27:45 pm »
I'm not evan sure if I trust the "Turbo" thing???  I would just drop in a 2.5 and reinforce the front a bit and that thing would Go man Go!!!

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 05:39:14 am »
I like turbocharged engines.    The torque at 1600 rpm thing.  Looking at the fit engine bay I'd say that there is plenty of room for a turbo and an intercooler with no serious overcrowding problems.

Offline CarFly

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 11:22:54 am »
It sounds like there is room in there for a SuperCharger!!!!  That would be cool, although not so good for fuel economy, I suppose its a choice one has to make?

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12352
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 01:45:24 pm »
I like turbocharged engines.    The torque at 1600 rpm thing.  Looking at the fit engine bay I'd say that there is plenty of room for a turbo and an intercooler with no serious overcrowding problems.

Oh yeah, lots of space. And a small turbo four is perfect for a small, light vehicle - all that low end torque would really propel that little car quite nicely. And without the added front weight of a big 2.5.

Offline CarFly

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 02:24:44 pm »
I suppose that I'm old style, but the turbo seems to be the way to go these days… I'm down with it though 8)
I wonder what is the biggest turbo engine you could shoehorn in there (without being ridicules about it ???

I'll just bet that a few monocles will be dropped when I roar up to the Ottawa Civil Service Retirees Lawn Bowling Association in that Bad-Boy!!!

I might also be inclined to slap some 15 inch "Meats" on that "Rascal" (unless you guys/gals think it would make me look foolish)   ???  I have them on my SunFire and my mechanic says that you don't evan have to bother with "lock nuts" because the punks can't be bothered to steal them now :)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 04:18:26 pm »
wear wot U want but dont expect Tpl to be your GROOM ;D