Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2312600 times)

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #920 on: May 28, 2015, 10:57:28 am »
Woke up two days ago to find the dog had left 7 little gifts scattered everywhere on the main floor. He was sad and exhausted all day, clearly not feeling well. He seemed better the next morning and into the early afternoon, but then last night I spend almost the whole evening outside with him. He's now passing blood instead of stool.

He's at the vet this morning with my wife. $700 in diagnostics later we hope we'll know what's wrong with him and how we can make him feel better.  :(

So sorry to hear this, hope he's going to be ok.
Mr Pickypants

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +231/-1071
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #921 on: May 28, 2015, 11:26:34 am »
Woke up two days ago to find the dog had left 7 little gifts scattered everywhere on the main floor. He was sad and exhausted all day, clearly not feeling well. He seemed better the next morning and into the early afternoon, but then last night I spend almost the whole evening outside with him. He's now passing blood instead of stool.

He's at the vet this morning with my wife. $700 in diagnostics later we hope we'll know what's wrong with him and how we can make him feel better.  :(

Sorry :( I hate having a sick pet...puts a damper on everything. Hope he's ok.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 28, 2015, 11:44:22 am »

Being cold is just as likely as hot flashes.  Depends on the person

Nope.  James is right.  You're only cold once it's all over.  But not everyone gets the hot flashes before you're cold all the time.

This seems to agree with what I was told

http://menopause-aid.blogspot.ca/2011/03/cold-flashes-chills-during-menopause.html?m=1
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #923 on: May 28, 2015, 11:44:31 am »
Mentioned yesterday that I got a little banged up playing softball on Tuesday.  So I phoned work Wednesday morning, they said fine stay home, no problem (Kind of slow at work).  Go to work today.  Ask how my shoulder is. I said it's still sore, I can lift the smaller boxes, but not the big boxes.  Or I could do inventory (that we are still doing).  They said, no go home, get a doctors note, come back when your 100%.  I get that they don't want me to get worse.  But I could have done inventory.  But they always need 2 people doing inventory, guess they don't trust my numbers...

So no work Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.   >:(  Guess I will go camping early Friday, instead of Friday afternoon.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #924 on: May 29, 2015, 01:27:56 pm »
Walking past the 'Man Van' at the last trade show, thought I'd stop and get the blood test for prostate cancer. Got it done last year, not a bad idea at my age. I get blood taken every month for other stuff, so no big deal, needle in, a little vial of blood out, done.

This time she sticks the needle into the vein and a line down my forearm burns like fire. It's crazy, never felt anything like it.

Gets the sample, and I'm not feeling good at all, go to get up and she's 'You are not going anywhere'. I wake up and they are holding my legs up and looking concerned. Soaked in sweat and apparently white as a ghost.

Arm tingled the rest of the day, gave me sharp pains down that same forearm whenever I picked up something heavy that week.

Seems to be OK now, but that was the damndest thing. I guess a nerve must have been hit.

Heh, thought this was the 'easy' prostate test.

Note, not sure if I've mentioned this, but did some reading after and on a nurses association website of all things found out that if this ever happens to you, get them to pull the needle out right now, or the nerve can be damaged, sometimes irreparably. Not all nurses know (mine didn't).

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #925 on: May 29, 2015, 03:56:29 pm »
Malware.   >:(
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #926 on: May 29, 2015, 08:43:44 pm »
Walking past the 'Man Van' at the last trade show, thought I'd stop and get the blood test for prostate cancer. Got it done last year, not a bad idea at my age. I get blood taken every month for other stuff, so no big deal, needle in, a little vial of blood out, done.

This time she sticks the needle into the vein and a line down my forearm burns like fire. It's crazy, never felt anything like it.

Gets the sample, and I'm not feeling good at all, go to get up and she's 'You are not going anywhere'. I wake up and they are holding my legs up and looking concerned. Soaked in sweat and apparently white as a ghost.

Arm tingled the rest of the day, gave me sharp pains down that same forearm whenever I picked up something heavy that week.

Seems to be OK now, but that was the damndest thing. I guess a nerve must have been hit.

Heh, thought this was the 'easy' prostate test.

Note, not sure if I've mentioned this, but did some reading after and on a nurses association website of all things found out that if this ever happens to you, get them to pull the needle out right now, or the nerve can be damaged, sometimes irreparably. Not all nurses know (mine didn't).

Wow, I missed the original post.  Nasty experience!  I remember there was a young cop that lived in my condo building years ago whose arm was partially paralyzed by a dirty needle during a tetanus shot.  He was a big burley guy also and he didn't take it well at all.  He was assigned to desk duty last I heard then we moved out and lost touch.  I get blood tests done bimonthly and that is always at the back of my mind.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #927 on: May 30, 2015, 01:22:54 pm »
thanks for the tip pj...

my thing is a little sad i guess? maybe angry? meh... yesterday i cut the lawn, trimmed the whole thing (and i'm dumb and try to not take a break or switch arms... i use it as an arm workout!).. then had a call from my grandparents who could use some help around the house, so i went over and did some work and powerwashed their pool deck and some other things... then i had a ball game at 6:30 where i had a few hard tosses and swings...

my arms are feeling it today much more than they used to... i'm 34, so i guess i finally have to break down and stop trying to fill my days like i did when i was twenty...

could always be worse though! the worst part was that i was tired so i didn't go out with the team for a pint after (still watched hockey at a friends with some scotch though!)
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #928 on: May 30, 2015, 06:39:12 pm »
My son finds out today that one of the 6 people who worked on their fourth year project together has submitted their fourth year project for a "Capstone award" under his name only and effectively taking credit for the other five persons' work.  This guy has proved himself all year to be brilliant, driven and incredibly arrogant and while largely an asset to the team this is not outside the spectrum of expected behaviour for him.  Classic psychopath.  He knows intellectually the difference between right and wrong, he's just failed to internalize it into his own moral compass.  This is a big deal because my son's team won the fourth year project end-of-year presentation and their invention has huge possibilities commericially.  The team only found out by accident that this guy had submitted their project under his name.  The weasle was hoping that they wouldn't notice his submission, coming as it did only 3 days before the deadline.

The team has put together a formal email to dude, telling him that it would be in his best interest to withdraw the submission and that were he not to, the team would have to go ahead and submit the same project for the award process, marring both of their chances of winning. 

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #929 on: May 30, 2015, 07:30:14 pm »
My son finds out today that one of the 6 people who worked on their fourth year project together has submitted their fourth year project for a "Capstone award" under his name only and effectively taking credit for the other five persons' work.  This guy has proved himself all year to be brilliant, driven and incredibly arrogant and while largely an asset to the team this is not outside the spectrum of expected behaviour for him.  Classic psychopath.  He knows intellectually the difference between right and wrong, he's just failed to internalize it into his own moral compass.  This is a big deal because my son's team won the fourth year project end-of-year presentation and their invention has huge possibilities commericially.  The team only found out by accident that this guy had submitted their project under his name.  The weasle was hoping that they wouldn't notice his submission, coming as it did only 3 days before the deadline.

The team has put together a formal email to dude, telling him that it would be in his best interest to withdraw the submission and that were he not to, the team would have to go ahead and submit the same project for the award process, marring both of their chances of winning.

Sad to hear this happened but glad the team is saying FU.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #930 on: May 31, 2015, 07:20:22 am »

Can't they simply notify the judges/governing body?

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #931 on: May 31, 2015, 07:43:27 am »
^ That was my thought as well.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #932 on: May 31, 2015, 07:47:26 am »
^ That was my thought as well.
They're giving the weasel a chance before they take the formal step of calling him out. 

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: May 31, 2015, 05:29:39 pm »

That weasel will not be liked in the real world.  >:( Keep us updated on how it goes.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #934 on: May 31, 2015, 08:01:18 pm »
thanks for the tip pj...

my thing is a little sad i guess? maybe angry? meh... yesterday i cut the lawn, trimmed the whole thing (and i'm dumb and try to not take a break or switch arms... i use it as an arm workout!).. then had a call from my grandparents who could use some help around the house, so i went over and did some work and powerwashed their pool deck and some other things... then i had a ball game at 6:30 where i had a few hard tosses and swings...

my arms are feeling it today much more than they used to... i'm 34, so i guess i finally have to break down and stop trying to fill my days like i did when i was twenty...

could always be worse though! the worst part was that i was tired so i didn't go out with the team for a pint after (still watched hockey at a friends with some scotch though!)

34 like me, if your an 80 baby, then your still eligible for the Old Timers league like me.  I play with the Burlington Old Timers Slo-pitch.  Tuesday and Thursday, with the June tournament on Friday June 12.  I am off for 2 weeks till my rotator cuff improves..  We go to QB's for our pints.  But I only go there, when we play the late games.   

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #935 on: May 31, 2015, 10:35:29 pm »
i'll probably get into that kind of thing eventually... figured i'd get back into ball lightly... blew out my arm when I played more serious ball, tore my rotator two years ago now... so figure i'll try to be a little less competitive...

and chicken, I would love to hear how that plays out. hopefully the douche gets what is coming to him... unfortunately, in today's world, the ambitious person is the one who is (financially) successful... not always liked or has the most fulfilling life, but they sure seem to be the ones who get paid!

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #936 on: June 01, 2015, 12:03:41 am »

That weasel will not be liked in the real world.  >:( Keep us updated on how it goes.

He will undoubtedly become the CEO of a multimillion dollar company.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #937 on: June 01, 2015, 08:45:16 am »
Food poisoning

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #938 on: June 01, 2015, 09:06:33 am »
Food poisoning
Ugh, that's terrible. Ginger ale helps with that, sort of. Get well soon !!
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #939 on: June 01, 2015, 10:13:48 am »
Food poisoning

Saccharomyces boulardii  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccharomyces_boulardii

This stuff really works. Surprised more people don't know about it.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".