Author Topic: Cut at the top /bottom pictures in the new format?  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Minou

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +11/-26
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Mazda 3 GS, 2016 Ford Edge SEL, 2016 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
Cut at the top /bottom pictures in the new format?
« on: October 01, 2019, 12:57:47 pm »
Why all the cut at the top /bottom pictures in the new format?

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-15
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
Re: Cut at the top /bottom pictures in the new format?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 03:04:43 pm »

What????  ???
If you want more in life you have to make an effort.

Offline Minou

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 10:35:28 pm »

What????  ???

Sorry for not being clear but when I open a car review or test drive, all the pictures at the top of the page are missing the top and the bottom.  So I only see about 50% of them,  vertically that is.

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 11:07:53 pm »

What????  ???

Sorry for not being clear but when I open a car review or test drive, all the pictures at the top of the page are missing the top and the bottom.  So I only see about 50% of them,  vertically that is.

I assume you mean the autotrader.ca website itself.

I see the same result. The top image (masthead) is cropped top and bottom. Frankly, I think this is just a creative design issue as opposed to a reproduction defect.

Offline Minou

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 10:44:50 am »

What????  ???

I see the same result. The top image (masthead) is cropped top and bottom. Frankly, I think this is just a creative design issue as opposed to a reproduction defect.

Yeah, tue autotrader.ca website.  And the comments section below has been removed so no way of telling them otherwise.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +168/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 09:27:43 pm »

What????  ???

Yeah, tue autotrader.ca website.  And the comments section below has been removed so no way of telling them otherwise.

I noticed that in my own reviews - it's not apparent but when you click on a picture you open a "viewer" where you can scroll through the full-sized pictures. Otherwise some are too cropped when viewed in-article.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline autoTRADER.ca

• Administrator
  • Carma: +14/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 04:38:54 pm »
Yes, apologies folks, there are still a few glitches in our latest design template on desktop, and this one is a major issue that we're (sadly) well aware of. We're working hard to fix them as soon as possible, with this issue in particular near the top of the list. All mobile versions should be displaying properly now, if that helps.