Author Topic: 2016 Buick Regal Turbo (1SL)  (Read 8979 times)

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
Re: 2016 Buick Regal Turbo (1SL)
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2015, 05:59:26 pm »
...but I'm still not convinced of GM's quality.  The materials, on further poking, were hard and not great on the door tops and the b-pillar.

Also, very questionable layout where the cupholders are - no place whatsoever for my phone except the cupholders, which were too far away to view as agps - still could not get the volume to work, so I disconnected and used my phone's speaker.

I did use the Bluetooth to make and receive calls, which was easy and call quality great (!!!), and the satellite radio in this "base" trim was a nice addition.  Got my classical awwwnnn!!

Overall, my comment to the last was "man, I wish I had this car instead of the Corolla for the drives to Windsor and Ithaca - it's a pleasure to drive in the highway!!"

Great car, actually.  I miss it.  Still had some difficulty with parking perfectly the first time though (crooked, didn't hit anything - and very large turning radius).

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 07:37:08 am »
Not sure if premium is recommended for the Regal Turbo but that might explain why the power might not feel as much as claimed.  Seems like a decent fuel economy read out after a day of hooning.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2015, 09:15:14 am »
Not sure if premium is recommended for the Regal Turbo but that might explain why the power might not feel as much as claimed.  Seems like a decent fuel economy read out after a day of hooning.
It is recommended, but rental agencies specifically put in their rental agreements that only 87 Octane is to be used (I had to initial beside this).  Hey, better for me!  ...but that poor car!

I did not find the power objectionable - I recall it being plenty peppy, but I just expected a bit more "oomph" given its power rating.  Still, I wouldn't think it needs any more than it has.  Great cruiser.  :)

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2015, 09:29:32 am »
It is recommended, but rental agencies specifically put in their rental agreements that only 87 Octane is to be used (I had to initial beside this).  Hey, better for me!  ...but that poor car!

That is bizarre.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2015, 11:44:36 am »

That is bizarre.
I'm not sure why they would do it, either...but the instructions were quite clear.

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2015, 12:26:36 pm »
^^ I wonder if the contract wording was poor and the intent was to use nothing less than 87.
"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis