Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2309691 times)

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #1800 on: September 01, 2015, 03:29:13 pm »
Yesterday my wife put smoke char in my lunch and I ate it in the conference room while i was on a 3 hour training conference call.  This morning I get to work and this office wide email warning that someone in the building had complained about the stench of fish and a reminder of the "no sense" policy.  Quite an apt name imo!  ::) I see reminders about perfume, cologne and all that junk that i never wear anyay, but apparently we're not supposed to eat fish or peanut butter anywhere in the building either.  :fall:  What next ffs!

I'm some glad i rarely spend time at the office anymore.  :P 

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #1801 on: September 01, 2015, 04:37:44 pm »
It's funny how smell works. I love the taste and smell of Indian food, or tuna sandwiches or Oka cheese, but only if I'm eating it. If it's just a smell in a room, then it's totally gross.  :P

An office shouldn't smell like a food court, IMO.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #1802 on: September 01, 2015, 04:44:58 pm »
I went thought the same thing when I worked at a Hatch office. People started freaking over the smell of food  ::) One East Indian engineer who work for me ate fish every day then the office admin chicks had it banned. I remember him coming to me and saying "If no fish, what else is there"  :rofl2: I told him to go on stress leave and blame it on the cackling woman gossiping in the lunch room. 

Northernridge

« Reply #1803 on: September 01, 2015, 04:47:56 pm »
My preferred Shell station has been out of premium for 2 weeks now.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #1804 on: September 01, 2015, 05:10:51 pm »
I went thought the same thing when I worked at a Hatch office. People started freaking over the smell of food  ::) One East Indian engineer who work for me ate fish every day then the office admin chicks had it banned. I remember him coming to me and saying "If no fish, what else is there"  :rofl2: I told him to go on stress leave and blame it on the cackling woman gossiping in the lunch room.

That's the problem.  We're breeding a society of whiners and its getting worse.  I haven't been in a conference room yet that there hasn't been coffee, donuts, or some other crap in the room.  Both rooms beside me had coffee, tea and stuff at their meeting and another had pizza delivered for lunch.  Sandwich trays are a big item as well, but obviously no tuna, or salmon allowed, or peanut fakin butter. The conference rooms are adjacent to the lunch room as well so lots of smells wafting out of there and people eat at their desks all day. 

When I was asked what I would like ordered I said nothing as I was by myself and brought my own lunch as I'm trying to eat healthier last few months and staying away from junk.  My wife packs a lunch for me everyday and I had no idea what was in the container until I opened it and didn't think too much about it when I did.

Like I said I'm really glad I can avoid that bs most of the time.  I can see cig smoke and diesel fumes, or anything harmful being an issue, but the smell of food.  ::) ::) 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 05:12:42 pm by KDS2K »

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: September 01, 2015, 05:36:37 pm »
You guys need to incorporate more "fack you" into your lives. Very liberating. Lol

Must..bite...tongue....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: September 01, 2015, 05:46:49 pm »

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #1807 on: September 01, 2015, 05:56:05 pm »
The missus completely refuses to take the kid driving.  Seems I'm doing all the driving instruction.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #1808 on: September 01, 2015, 06:31:22 pm »
Yesterday my wife put smoke char in my lunch and I ate it in the conference room while i was on a 3 hour training conference call.  This morning I get to work and this office wide email warning that someone in the building had complained about the stench of fish and a reminder of the "no sense" policy.  Quite an apt name imo!  ::) I see reminders about perfume, cologne and all that junk that i never wear anyay, but apparently we're not supposed to eat fish or peanut butter anywhere in the building either.  :fall:  What next ffs!

That's just brutal.  I'm sooooo happy that I'm facking home based full time because sh!t like that would drive me up the wall.  I see emails sent out to our employees, and in our office, even facking Oranges are prohibited.  Seriously?  It's a facking Orange!  I make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for my daughter as she loves them........but is she allowed to take any to school in her lunch?  Nope.   ::)    It's crazy how society has changed so much in the last 20 years or so, everyone seems to be an overprotective whiner now. 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: September 01, 2015, 06:40:35 pm »
The missus completely refuses to take the kid driving.  Seems I'm doing all the driving instruction.

You sure you didn't mean to put this in the "happy" thread??

This sounds like good news to me.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: September 01, 2015, 06:41:18 pm »

That's just brutal.  I'm sooooo happy that I'm facking home based full time because sh!t like that would drive me up the wall.  I see emails sent out to our employees, and in our office, even facking Oranges are prohibited.  Seriously?  It's a facking Orange!  I make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for my daughter as she loves them........but is she allowed to take any to school in her lunch?  Nope.   ::)    It's crazy how society has changed so much in the last 20 years or so, everyone seems to be an overprotective whiner now.

+1.  I'm soooooo glad I work in a shop and not the office.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #1811 on: September 01, 2015, 06:43:02 pm »

I will NEVER EVER EVER work in an office again. 

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: September 01, 2015, 06:45:04 pm »

We even do "pot luck" and mass order out food once a month or so...things the office would never do.  Funny how all of the men on the shop seem to get along, whereas it's always the office personnel crying about the silly stuff...

Online Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +231/-1071
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #1813 on: September 01, 2015, 10:10:39 pm »

We even do "pot luck" and mass order out food once a month or so...things the office would never do.  Funny how all of the men on the shop seem to get along, whereas it's always the office personnel crying about the silly stuff...

I am in an office, but I guess I am one of the lucky ones. Since it's an automotive based business/department, most of the people here came up from the shops, so that attitude is carried over. We do potlucks a few times a year, and generally do the mass food order thing once a week.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: September 01, 2015, 10:14:15 pm »

I am in an office, but I guess I am one of the lucky ones. Since it's an automotive based business/department, most of the people here came up from the shops, so that attitude is carried over. We do potlucks a few times a year, and generally do the mass food order thing once a week.

Automotive here too....Hmmm.

Offline .l..

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +23/-654
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: September 02, 2015, 09:11:23 am »

That's the problem.  We're breeding a society of whiners and its getting worse.  I haven't been in a conference room yet that there hasn't been coffee, donuts, or some other crap in the room.  Both rooms beside me had coffee, tea and stuff at their meeting and another had pizza delivered for lunch.  Sandwich trays are a big item as well, but obviously no tuna, or salmon allowed, or peanut fakin butter. The conference rooms are adjacent to the lunch room as well so lots of smells wafting out of there and people eat at their desks all day. 

When I was asked what I would like ordered I said nothing as I was by myself and brought my own lunch as I'm trying to eat healthier last few months and staying away from junk.  My wife packs a lunch for me everyday and I had no idea what was in the container until I opened it and didn't think too much about it when I did.

Like I said I'm really glad I can avoid that bs most of the time.  I can see cig smoke and diesel fumes, or anything harmful being an issue, but the smell of food.  ::) ::)

Coffee, donuts and pizza (generally) aren't offensive smells though.  Indian food is nasty.  Personally can't stand the smell of anything curried, so I'd be in agreement on its ban...thankfully we don't have that issue here.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #1816 on: September 02, 2015, 09:20:36 am »

Coffee, donuts and pizza (generally) aren't offensive smells though.  Indian food is nasty.  Personally can't stand the smell of anything curried, so I'd be in agreement on its ban...thankfully we don't have that issue here.

that's your personal opinion, though.

it's not offensive to anyone that has enjoyed asian food before, and if i claim  pizza or coffee is offensive smelling, should i be able to push for ban  of those items in all spaces?

it makes no sense.

a buddy doesn't like smell of BBQ.   is it reasonable of him to expect others to never BBQ?   see.. makes no sense.

fish, i sort of get, as certain fish smells are stronger than others.   but ban?    again, makes no sense, as everyone(well, almost) eats fish.   how can something YOU yourself eat smell offensive when others eat it?  and there's no health risk to smelling fish.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #1817 on: September 02, 2015, 09:53:52 am »
I only have to SEE an Indian grocery or resto to want some Indian food.   Dicky would hate my kitchen...nearly always smells of one or other curry spices.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline .l..

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +23/-654
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: September 02, 2015, 10:11:17 am »
Aqua - I don't find Asian food offensive (i.e. the North American variety of "Chinese" food - fact is I love that shiit).  Currie though...that's on a whole 'nother level of awful.  And yes TPL, I would probably hurl on your door step if I was in your kitchen.  ;D  :hurl: :run:

...and I LOVE LOVE LOVE BBQ...I can be full, and if someone is BBQing in the neighbourhood...I'm hungry again.  :lick: :inlove:

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #1819 on: September 02, 2015, 10:15:12 am »

Coffee, donuts and pizza (generally) aren't offensive smells though. Indian food is nasty.  Personally can't stand the smell of anything curried, so I'd be in agreement on its ban...thankfully we don't have that issue here.

While I completely agree with you, the smell of curry turns my stomach, banning it is not a solution, because it would turn into a office pissing contest and pretty soon the only lunch item you safely could enjoy would be some nice white bread and a cup of tepid water. In our old location we used to share a building and the smell of curry and fish was downright unbearable, I found eating in our test room was much more pleasant, the smell of 5606 hydraulic oil and Jet A was much more pleasant than the others.
Lighten up Francis.....