Author Topic: RRocket's New Scoot(er)  (Read 9930 times)

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
Re: RRocket's New Scoot(er)
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2016, 12:58:40 pm »
Nice scooter!  Missed this thread.

I got my Ruckus back from the track saturday and ripped around the block in it.

It is far too slow for where I live, maxes out at 65km/h  Thinking of trading up to a Grom lol

Online dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2016, 01:52:43 pm »
Outside of dense city centres or maybe around a campground, 49ccs are useless. I still can't believe I managed to rack up 6,500km on one in 5 months.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2016, 02:13:12 pm »
Congrats, and I agree, that color is pretty cool!

What did you think of Point Pelee? I've never been, but have been thinking about taking a day-trip out there

I live nearby, so I've been many times.  I quite like the boardwalk area.  Get to see plenty of birds, frogs, fish etc.  You can also rent a kayak and go into the marsh area..that's neat too.  The tip itself which used to be visible is mostly gone now.  But it's cool to go on the beach at the very most southern tip.  On the road leading to Point Pelee, there's an old English double decker bus.  It's a restaurant and serves fresh-caugh-daily perch.  There's also another nearby restaurant called "Freddie's" that lays claim to the best perch platter in Canada.

So yea..if you've never been, might be a fun little trip to check out.  PM me if you're ever in the area.

Thanks, sounds like a nice ride for the SLK. If we end up going out there I'll reach out :)

In the good old days (before the kids), we did Point Pelee National park and Pelee island on a weekend with two other couples, it was fun & different. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2016, 05:07:54 pm »

I'm leaning towards that style of bike, adventure type. Not ready to buy yet though...

Yea, I wanted a CB500X...but nothing in my price ranger.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...