Author Topic: Courtney Force gets her first NHRA Funny Car win of 2016  (Read 7748 times)

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
Courtney Force gets her first NHRA Funny Car win of 2016
« on: May 01, 2016, 09:50:14 pm »
NHRA Springnationals, Houston, TX.

Courtney Force wins today & makes it 5 straight races with a female winner & 4 different female winners in 2016.

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/nhra-houston-results-recap-highlights-courtney-force-050116

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline dougjp

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +165/-170
  • Cars: 2019 VW Jetta GLI, 2014 Elantra GT
    • View Profile
Re: Courtney Force gets her first NHRA Funny Car win of 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 04:59:04 pm »

Courtney Force wins today & makes it 5 straight races with a female winner & 4 different female winners in 2016.

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/nhra-houston-results-recap-highlights-courtney-force-050116

Why is this news at all? This "old" nonsense is starting to grate on me as bad as the phoney female NASCAB driver. Give the guys equality I say. 

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 05:04:48 pm »

Why is this news at all? This "old" nonsense is starting to grate on me as bad as the phoney female NASCAB driver. Give the guys equality I say.

It's more a dig at the media who follow Danica's every move and ignore drag racing.

Offline dougjp

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +165/-170
  • Cars: 2019 VW Jetta GLI, 2014 Elantra GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 05:10:13 pm »

It's more a dig at the media who follow Danica's every move and ignore drag racing.

True that. And the female drag racers are winning, and frequently too, unlike her also ran status most (if not all) of the time.

But the female thing as a one sided press topic is old, over, stick a fork in it. Allow the scales to tip the other way too far, too often, which is what has been happening, and its clear discrimination against males.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 05:26:57 pm »
I watched this on the weekend.  IMO she looked like a moron in her after race interview.  Why?

She said she was proving to all the little girls that they can do anything when they grow up.  Good message.  Meanwhile, she's standing beside 2 of her sponsor's half naked strippers as she delivers this message.   :rofl2:

Not to take anything away from the Force girls...but they've had every opportunity and every door opened for them by their dad.  They didn't have to work their way up in the real sense of the word.  Best equipment, huge sponsors, not having to pay for a dime out of pocket.  Everything has been handed to them.  IMO, anyone could succeed given the same situation.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 05:31:56 pm »
Not to take anything away from the Force girls...but they've had every opportunity and every door opened for them by their dad.  They didn't have to work their way up in the real sense of the word.  Best equipment, huge sponsors, not having to pay for a dime out of pocket.  Everything has been handed to them.  IMO, anyone could succeed given the same situation.

To their credit, they worked their way up through Super Comp, Top Alcohol Dragster and into the nitro categories, acquiring their driving skills the proper way.

I agree with you that they've had it a lot easier than other racers, opportunity-wise.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 05:37:25 pm »

To their credit, they worked their way up through Super Comp, Top Alcohol Dragster and into the nitro categories, acquiring their driving skills the proper way.

I agree with you that they've had it a lot easier than other racers, opportunity-wise.

They didn't "work their way up" like other racers.  They stepped into full blown rides for Super Comp and Top Alcohol.  A serious Super Comp. could run $500K a year.  A serious Top Alcohol could run $750K per year.  They were gifted these rides because of who their dad was.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 05:39:15 pm by rrocket »

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 05:41:32 pm »

They didn't "work their way up" like other racers.  They stepped into full blown rides for Super Comp and Top Alcohol.  A serious Super Comp. could run $500K a year.  A serious Top Alcohol could run $750K per year.  They were gifted these rides because of who their dad was.

My point was, they didn't go directly to the nitro categories, which is never smart.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 05:45:39 pm »

My point was, they didn't go directly to the nitro categories, which is never smart.

Oh..well yea.  In that regard I guess they worked their way up.  But as I said...not in the true sense of the word.

Given all the advantages they had, I`m certain you`d have a few Wallies on your mantle if John Force was your dad, Wink.    ;D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 05:47:34 pm by rrocket »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 06:00:05 pm »

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 06:10:18 pm »

Given all the advantages they had, I`m certain you`d have a few Wallies on your mantle if John Force was your dad, Wink.    ;D

I often wonder about that.  I've followed drag racing pretty much all my life, raced a few street cars at the strip and was complimented by Frank Hawley at his drag racing school, but there's that grain of doubt saying I couldn't drive a nitro car.

:rofl2: :rofl2:   Can you put me in one of the DSR cars?  lol

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 06:40:31 pm »
Of course you could drive a nitro car, man!  IMO, the greatest difficulty is in the chassis set-up..and you wouldn't be doing any of that with a top flight team.  You'd just be doing the driving!

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 06:47:35 pm »
Of course you could drive a nitro car, man!  IMO, the greatest difficulty is in the chassis set-up..and you wouldn't be doing any of that with a top flight team.  You'd just be doing the driving!

I'd be over the crew chief's shoulder, looking at the computer read out and giving suggestions on clutch set up.  Between signing autographs, of course.   ;D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 07:42:19 pm »

I'd be over the crew chief's shoulder, looking at the computer read out and giving suggestions on clutch set up.  Between signing autographs, of course.   ;D

Yes, of course.  But even then...clutch set-up is a bit voodoo...

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 08:05:56 pm »

Yes, of course.  But even then...clutch set-up is a bit voodoo...

Hell, yeah.  So many variables.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 12:11:50 am »
Driving these cars takes skill, no doubt about it.  One reason that this young woman is experiencing success is exposure to racing through different levels - and this access came through family.

But, she's still damned good.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 12:40:25 am »
Driving these cars takes skill, no doubt about it.  One reason that this young woman is experiencing success is exposure to racing through different levels - and this access came through family.

I think anyone who has an interest in drag racing could do as well as her given the same opportunities.  She's nothing special IMO.

Angelle Savoie/Sampey/Whatever-Name-She-Has-Now was VERY good.  She won the Pro Stock Motorcycle championship 3 years in a row.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:45:09 am by rrocket »

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 12:53:33 am »

I think anyone who has an interest in drag racing could do as well as her given the same opportunities.  She's nothing special IMO.

Angelle Savoie/Sampey/Whatever-Name-She-Has-Now was VERY good.  She won the Pro Stock Motorcycle championship 3 years in a row.

Angelle is still very good.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 12:55:27 am »

She hadn't raced in 10 years.  Not sure if she even did racing in 2015??

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 12:58:34 am »

She hadn't raced in 10 years.  Not sure if she even did racing in 2015??

She returned last year and is running the entire PSM schedule this season.  Riding a Buell for Star Racing.