Author Topic: Test-Drive: 2011 Scion xB  (Read 3746 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Test-Drive: 2011 Scion xB
« on: April 06, 2011, 04:02:57 am »

The xB is 'so homely, it's cute, and more fun to drive than expected,' says Jil McIntosh, but the ride can be 'rough."

Read More...

Offline TopGun

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +43/-165
  • Carbon fibre > Soft touch dash material
    • View Profile
Re: Test-Drive: 2011 Scion xB
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 10:35:25 am »
Erik was shaking his head when I said I liked this thing at the AutoShow.  Ya...it looks like the box it came in...it looks a little different than everything else out there.  The fact you could get one in Voodoo Blue (at least in the US) is pretty cool...it's close to Grabber Blue.   ;)

Jill seemed to think it was fun to drive...which is good...as there aren't that many choices out there as a Progete5 replacement. 

Offline ajay

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +16/-34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 04:15:21 pm »
Certainly competent enough .
Jil didn't gush or say Yee-Haw, But then not many vehicles get such a response from her . But I'm sure the xb will fit alot of peoples needs and be reliable too , -- and she did say it was a fun to drive .

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 12:33:03 am »
I liked the first generation. This, not so much.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 12:38:13 am »
Erik was shaking his head when I said I liked this thing at the AutoShow.  Ya...it looks like the box it came in...it looks a little different than everything else out there.  The fact you could get one in Voodoo Blue (at least in the US) is pretty cool...it's close to Grabber Blue.   ;)

Jill seemed to think it was fun to drive...which is good...as there aren't that many choices out there as a Progete5 replacement. 

Which is odd, since he has a penchant for boxy cars.... ;D
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Mustang II

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 12:30:40 am »
I'm a (big & tall) 40-something'r, in the market for one of these types of vehicles...I like the xB in that it's a Toyota of sorts...

Plusses: Headroom, Seats, Audio system, Price

Minusses: Center cluster, No Moonroof option, Backhatch doesn't go up high enough (I'm 6'2 and banged my head on it twice!) Hey, it's the little things I notice!!  ;)

It seems all vehicles I'm looking at (Soul, Forte5, RVR, Sportage, Elantra Touring, Juke, Tucson, Element, Tiguan, and xB) have a "stiff ride" and have "road noise"....so far I'm leaning towards the Soul, it seems to have all the BEST features Standard, and the 2nd best Warranty!