Author Topic: Open Question on the Future of the Forum  (Read 16962 times)

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
Re: Open Question on the Future of the Forum
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2016, 11:41:32 am »
I'd suggest Aug 6th calabogie :)

Then we'd have to behave & not have a beer.... until after our lapping sessions   :rofl2:
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2016, 01:22:01 pm »
sounds ferboten   :hide:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2016, 02:14:28 pm »
congrats to all of those married, promoted, moved, etc.... my goodness...

guess we missed our chance for a pint no-san! boo!!
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2016, 08:01:36 am »
Thanks to all for the congrats-es (???),  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: to the Corolla reference (fwiw, we only have the Fozzie with us until tomorrow - then lady No-san's mother is bringing the Corolla out) - and the Corolla is a 2010 while lady No-san and I started in 2008, I'm very proud of JY, I'll still find time for a pint with you, tooscoops, the new job is more of a real job and I can't be on this site during the day - buy the 40 bus to work takes about half hour and so I do get some good posting time (albeit from a phone), and I think that's it.

So far, I love Ottawa - but the older (though remodelled) condo is being a pain. Dryer was broken when we got here but is now replaced by the landlord. We ordered a sofabed for the in-laws, but the doorway is too narrow and we can't get it in the second bedroom (the place is 1200 sq ft...), and just last night the kitchen sink clogged beyond what draino/50'snaking/plunger therapy could remedy. Oh, and the delivery guys bringing the couch in scuffed up the floors and walls pretty bad..

... But I'm finally living with my wife, finally being a real lawyer away from a psycho boss, and I get a ride in a 2009 Red Lexus ISF any day now!  😉
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:05:40 pm by No-san »

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2016, 08:40:30 am »
Thanks to all for the congrats-es (???),  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: to the Corolla reference (fwiw, we only have the Fozzie with us until tomorrow - then lady No-san's mother is bringing the Corolla out) - and the Corolla is a 2010 while lady No-san and I started in 2008, I'm very proud of JY, I'll still find time for a point with you, tooscoops, the new job is more of a real job and I can't be on this site during the day - buy the 40 bus to work takes about half hour and so I do get some good posting time (albeit from a phone), and I think that's it.

So far, I love Ottawa - but the older (though remodelled) Cody is being a pain. Dryer was broken when we got here but is now replaced by the landlord. We ordered a sofabed for the in-laws, but the doorway is too narrow and we can't get it in the sercond bedroom (the place is 1200 sq ft...), and just last night the kitchen sink clogged beyond what draino/50'snaking/plunger therapy could remedy. Oh, and the delivery guys bringing the couch in scuffed up the floors and walls pretty bad..

... But I'm finally living with my wife, finally being a real lawyer away from a psycho boss, and I get a ride in a 2009 Red Lexus ISF any day now!  😉

Wing is pretty protective of that car.... I didn't wanna get too close to it the other day at the track while he was washing it   :rofl:

I'm all over the place the next couple of days, but might be available for a cold one Friday after work somewhere  ::)

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2016, 04:50:10 pm »
Wow you got married finally.  So that's where you were.  Congrats.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2016, 08:13:25 am »
Thank you, sir!  (Not to be confused with SirO-san)

The in-laws are coming to visit this weekend, so Friday beers may not work.  I'm thinking next week we (Ottawa folk) should be (and consume) golden (drinks)!

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2016, 05:29:21 pm »
Thank you, sir!  (Not to be confused with SirO-san)

The in-laws are coming to visit this weekend, so Friday beers may not work.  I'm thinking next week we (Ottawa folk) should be (and consume) golden (drinks)!
Sounds good No-san, next Tuesday is probably best for me.

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2016, 07:26:19 am »
RE: Jonathan

Jonathan did indeed leave for some other mob... he didn't replace Schlee though, his new role is above what Schlee's was. Someone else replaced Schlee.
He didn't want to do a post because Jonathan genuinely hates attention.
I removed him as a system admin but didn't drill down into the board level permissions. Woops. I will.
I am only an interim boss. The next phase of how all this works out is still shaking out. You can expect a more concrete announcement in the next fortnight I think.

RE: This site and Trader...

It's no secret lots of content is going to autoTRADER.ca and will continue to do so. The amount and type of content published there is likely to grow.
For now, and at least for a little while to come, Autos.ca will remain largely the same. The forum will continue to exist (and hopefully to grow!)  but you will likely see more autoTRADER.ca content linked to in threads here and some cross-promotion. 
This business is complicated and competitive with many, many stakeholders for us to consider, including you guys.
So there's a lot for us to shake out over the next little while. Please bear with us as we work through everything.
But you can rest assured that this forum and its inhabitants are not going to be abandoned or forgotten about.

QUICK question is my six figure salary going to be affected ???

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2016, 09:23:01 am »
It will be doubled.